New Nokta Anfibio review

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have received a sample version of the Anfibio Multi, and first impressions are very good.

Sliding armrest - excellent! Click, slide to adjust, and click to lock it in.

Handle - excellent. I always find s-bend shafts have the handle angle a little too far forward. The Anfibio handle angle is more like the Impact and Nox, but has a bit more of an ergo shape to it. This puts my wrist in a more natural position. I know many users like s-bend shafts, so I guess that's why there is never the perfect detector for everyone.

Weight - lighter than the Impact even with the larger 11" round coil on the Anfibio, but not as light as the Kruzer. However, the Anfibio just feels better in the hand.

Here's a close-up of the control panel:

1540124367_multi_screen_sm.jpg

I like how the Settings button and Options button kind of line up with the Settings and Options columns. Very intuitive when you want to adjust something.

I have seen some comments on social media that the Anfibio is just a repackaged Kruzer. True it does share a lot of similarities to the Kruzer, but there's also plenty of cool new features on offer.

• Back-lit keypad
  • 11" round coil
  • Retractable shaft - slides down real small
  • Gen Delta mode
  • 5-tone mode
  • 99-tone mode
  • Notch volume!! Can't wait to start playing with that.
  • New 13" DD and 9" Concentric accessory coils
  • Compatible with all Kruzer coils

1540124161_makro-19-1-500x515.jpg

Looks good Nenad

But what's with the Coil cable wrapped around the outside of the shaft again? :(
The Impact with the cable inside the shaft is awesome, one can bash through the scrub with it. :D

Mal

egixe4 said:
Looks good Nenad

But what's with the Coil cable wrapped around the outside of the shaft again? :(
The Impact with the cable inside the shaft is awesome, one can bash through the scrub with it. :D

Mal

Yep, the Impact is good for bashing through scrub, but that internal cable prevents the shaft from sliding up too much. It's a catch 22 with all designs. Luckily we can look at features across many different models and pick what we want/need.

Backlit keypad is a winner that's for sure
And the rest of the features look real nice

Looking forward to more reports

Mal

Just a very quick test on the beach yesterday with the Anfibio Multi and Mars 7"DD. Worked the wet sand gutters first in my preferred All-metal mode, after first ground balancing in beach. 20 kHz, iSat 6 and Sens 67 worked great. Ran very stable as long as I didn't bang the coil on the sand.

Going into the water and it immediately overloaded. No surprises there. Flick into Beach mode and purring like a kitten. A few observations:

1. Very minimal drag, the coils thin profile cuts through the water (used it without the scuff plate)

2. I could manually push the gb a little more positive and maintain stability, this is very important to increase your chances at pinging some jewellery.

3. Rubber hand grip retains it's "grippiness" when wet.

Overall, a very positive experience shallow wading with this combo.

1544056360_img_20181205_101509.jpg

Saw vids on Youtube by calabash digger. He was very impressed by his Anfibio running in DEEP mode at 14 Khz and 70 gain and sporting a 13 inch coil.Hit a silver mercury dime at 14 inches deep and rings 7 inches deep like they were sitting on top of the ground.However his ground is only mildly mineralised.
Another vid he buried some soil from a mate from upstate Pennsylvania which was highly mineralised-my favorite topic.He buried a dime 8 inches deep and the Anfibio in DEEP mode could not detect it-why? because he should know it is unable to do it or too sluggish in very highly mineralised soil.He tried GEN-D and the Anfibio register a signal.
He then tried another brand the Deus and got a good signal.