highbanker

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just a quick question for anyone that is running highbankers. What is the best size hose to use for the pump?? I was looking at 38mm. Is this large enough or is the 50mm hose better.

Thanks
Jason.

This really depends on the size of your highbanker, necessary flow rates and size of your pump. Some more information may help the highbanking fraternity give you a meaningful answer.

I am getting a Honda WX15 pump. My high banker is still in the manufacturing faze but it is about 30cm wide by about 1.2 metres in length. I hope this helps. I will put a picture up when I get a chance.

You've have the perfect combo Willo if you get that wx15 with 1 1/2" lay flat hose. You'll be able to run that banker at just over half throttle and that will be great for the life of the pump.

I run the same and my pump is getting on for 10 years old and still runs like the day i purchased it. My advice with gold banking, is the same as metal detecting for gold.....get the best equipment you can afford and the gold will look after itself. ;)

Best of luck with it mate,

Cheers Wal.

Thanks Wal. The banker is slowly getting there. still have to cut out the rest of the squares from the bread box, make the legs so they are adjustable and put in a classifier on the top.
Another thing, is the blue hose that they sell on Ebay good enough or do I need to purchase a canvas hose like a fire hose??
Thanks Jason.

1390006865_20131226_193232.jpg

1390007050_20131226_193238.jpg

1390007090_20131226_193305.jpg

hey willo1

Like Wal said buy a good honda pump and run the size its specked for, if your planning on running lots of pressure to break clay up i find 50mm better for maintaining pressure at long distances.

Regarding the layflay go red every time its well worth the extra $$ because your hose will eventually rub on rocks and end up with small holes, the red hose im yet to puncture.

Banker is looking great there Willo. Make sure you cut out all the squares into "Ls" or rectangles. Don't leave a single square in it at all.

My pref with 1 1/2" lay flat is use the canvass covered one. It's a lot lighter than the blue lay flat, and i carry mine a long way so weight is important. If you're banking close to your vehicle the blue one will be just fine. ;)

Cheers Wal

i like your fold up grizzly so you can bang it from underneath and clear out the rocks that get stuck

watch the last 3 feet of hose that go on to the spray bars , the layflat hose doesnt like corners so think of putting 3 feet of flexible hose on that end to take a load off your pump and give yourself more water flow

i carry 2 or 3 short bits of flexible hose to use as joiners between my layflat if i need to make a sharp corner somewhere , or if my pump outlet is facing the wrong direction i use the short flex to curve around and beat that issue . all my hoses have male / female camlocks

Thanks everyone for the advice. Still have a bit of work to do yet but I will surely look into the stronger hose. I am planning on putting a couple of brackets so that I can adjust the top of the hopper and lock it at different angles, depending on what is being shoveled into it.
Just waiting for the weather to cool down so I can spend a bit of time in the shed. Too hot in there at the moment.

Latest posts