Bush Users Group United

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Megsy it was my impression that the boys doing the sustainable timber in the area were being put out just like the rest of us could be wrong ho
Pagan P

Yeah, OK. But I still think it's putting the wrong slant on the bush users protest, to have them parked front and center of it.
4x4's would be better, in my opinion.

I just think people who see these big logging trucks parked there, would think we're supporting logging in the bush - which is not the message we want to send out, is it? We're trying to say we all use it for our recreational activities and shouldn't be shut out of those areas - or that's what I thought the protest was about - not standing up for logging the bush, which is what this would portray with those trucks parked there.

That's my opinion of it, anyway. I wonder if any others will agree.

Cheers,
Megsy

MegsyB007 said:
Yeah, OK. But I still think it's putting the wrong slant on the bush users protest, to have them parked front and center of it.
4x4's would be better, in my opinion.

I just think people who see these big logging trucks parked there, would think we're supporting logging in the bush - which is not the message we want to send out, is it? We're trying to say we all use it for our recreational activities and shouldn't be shut out of those areas - or that's what I thought the protest was about - not standing up for logging the bush, which is what this would portray with those trucks parked there.

That's my opinion of it, anyway. I wonder if any others will agree.

Cheers,
Megsy

There are lots of negative perceptions with Logging spread by the green lobby.
Many of the greenies are stating that much of the 1939 regrowth or evan more recently logged forests (1940 / 50 /60s ) is pristine old growth forests that require 100 % logging ban?

Some have suggested that for example the areas proposed for the Great Forest National Park, stay as State Forest but have a Permanent Logging ban imposed and existing recreational pursuits be retained.

From my experience and vast knowledge of recreational use and Government regulation, park and reserve status i can assure you if the areas proposed get placed into the States Reserve systems under protectional classification like National Parks etc Significant restrictions on access and activities will occur. If the loggers are out so are the prospectors.

Despite what the green lobby is portraying Victoria has a sustainable Timber resource management forestry practices.

VEAC have cited miners and loggers as the main issues, however us hobby prospectors and fossickers have been lobbed in totally with the full scale miners and loggers.
Not sure which nincompoop decided that their report should include us earth scratchers.
Even though we're largely being represented tomorrow as BUGU, I'm still favouring an amateur prospecting and fossicking slant.
Have just finished printing my banner for tomorrow.
I'll print (A4 only) and mount (on corflute) a few for others - if required.

I'm not arguing that we have a sustainable forestry industry, Swinging & digging. If we didn't, we wouldn't have any forests left in Victoria. And I don't believe logging should be banned in State Forests, as long as it's managed properly. That is why the government reserved those areas as State Forests - to use the timber in them and have a sustainable supply of timber when it's replanted after logging. Which is something the Greenies don't understand. Those areas are reserved specifically for the use of the timber in them. Not for possums to live there!

They think any tree over 100 feet tall is old growth - but in truth, there are very few old growth trees left in State Forests after being logged for 150 years. They just weren't around to see them cutting down the old ones over 100 years ago! Ballarat and Bendigo and the surrounding areas used to be covered in old growth forests before the miners moved in. They're not now! I'm not saying it's right - that's just what's true! They cut every tree down for miles around! Totally cleared those areas. And now the Greenies are saying those areas should be protected national parks - pfft! They should have been around 150 years ago to see what's been done to them - and learn that what they're seeing now is the regeneration of those cleared areas - there's nothing "old growth" about those goldfields areas at all.

And yes, the Greenies will say anything that suits their agenda (eg. 25 Leadbeater's possums in every pack of Reflex copy paper!). Which is just ridiculous, but they think it sounds "dire" enough to make people turn against the logging of those areas. "Oh those poor cute little possums!!" I reckon if they were serious about saving these "supposedly" endangered possums, they should just put some in the Melbourne suburbs - they thrive there! My back fence is a possum highway at night, there are that many of them here! And let's face it - how many of those people actually spend time in the bush, to even see those cute little possums that they suddenly care so much about? They wouldn't know the difference between a Leadbeater and a Brushtail possum. It's just a convenient excuse to try to stop the logging there.

And also while they're spouting off this garbage about banning logging in State Forests, they're all living in houses that were built with timber logged from those very same State Forests! But I guess that's different... :/ Perhaps they believe no possums were harmed in the logging of the trees used to build their homes...

And let's face it, the government is never going to stop logging State Forests here - it just won't happen as long as we need timber to build houses and the State gets income from selling it - no matter what the Greenies say or do - it will continue.

And having said that, I still don't think the bush users protest is the right place to bring the logging issue into it. I'd like everyone noticing that protest to think, 'Wow there are a lot of people who use our bush, aren't there?! Look at them all!' Not, "Look at them, they won't be happy until they cut down every tree in the state!" Totally misguided, but that's what the logging trucks there, will evoke for them, in my opinion.

But I guess it doesn't matter, since that's what they've organised, as LW correctly said too. I just wish they'd thought about that a bit more...

Anyway I hope to see you guys there. I've been thinking up what I could put on a sign.
What do you think of, "The Govt took my $$ for the Right to be a gold digger!" :) Do you like that one Big Wave? Or maybe something a bit more straightforward "Get your hand off it VEAC!"

Cheers,
Megsy

They will close the inner lane that belongs to Parliament house that is
reserved for such occasions.

This one,
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8U-fyA6YvM[/video]

Then there is this,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58KK8s07tHM

But then,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYPYY72oYxs

Really. ????

Also,

I will leave it up to you to find the video
where a so called conversationalist gets called on stating
the wrong facts about how many possums are involved in
the manufacture of a ream of paper.

Please, As many of you know, I will not get called into a discussion on
such topics.
Please also do not go there.

I like that one Megsy.. :Y: ...
If People see Logging Trucks at a Protest for Bush Users, that will really confuse them and you won't get any members of the Public joining in... It won't have an impact the way intended .. I really hope they have a change of plan and use 4x4's and Horses instead, even put the Scouts and Guides out the Front....
As you will only have one shot at this, and it NEEDS to be the Best shot you can give them....

Look at the 'Work Choices' campaign, Started in the Construction Industry and We took that and showed the Public just how much it will affect Them, then We had Thousands join in... And We Won....

I have seen many Protests about Logging around Coffs Harbour and Drake... Funny thing is that the Greenies will go out and cut down 3 young trees to make a tri-pod to protest about Logging... :lol: :lol: :lol:

If done correctly Logging is a good thing..... State Forests NSW has a lot of areas that they will/have banned logging in due to Old Growth or Rare(for the area) Trees irrespective of value...
One area out at Dalmorton has $10mil worth of Norfolk pines that will never be Harvested.....

LW....

Megsy, your description sounds so much like our situation in WA, bush users, loggers, campers ... only exception is the detectorists go much further out.
No doubt at times our Gov ministers forget that they are there to administer the needs of this country in accordance with what the people want..... what ALL our peoples want.
I don't approve of the extent that those in Hong Kong are going to, but protest is definitely a loud way to get heard by the many.

Ded Driver said:
Megsy, your description sounds so much like our situation in WA, bush users, loggers, campers ... only exception is the detectorists go much further out.
No doubt at times our Gov ministers forget that they are there to administer the needs of this country in accordance with what the people want..... what ALL our peoples want.
I don't approve of the extent that those in Hong Kong are going to, but protest is definitely a loud way to get heard by the many.

Hong kongers know where chinese law was going to take them..

They know Chinas plan is to eventually just fabricate accusations against rich business owners , confiscate or take over their assets , deport them into China , imprison them without trial or maybe have a trial where the outcome is decided before they are even arrested.
They are fighting for survival now because if they didnt within 5 years or so it would be too late.

Australians are facing a similar issue , our democracy is fading away to be replaced by a shadow government who dictate what they demand of whoever is the elected compromised puppet , the intended outcome will be our enslavement , socially , economically , mentally.

If you dont understand what I mean by mental enslavement , its the use of social and news media to feed us propaganda.

Notice if 5 people die in a bus crash in America its on our news feed , if 10 people die in a mines collapse in china , Russia or Venezuela you wont know about it.

Who really owns our ass ?

Where is it headed ?

Hong Kong is fighting for their Freedom... China is fighting for their Enslavement and Control.... I say to the Protesters of HK.... Keep the pressure up... China hates the World watching their every move... That's Why they haven't released the Army on to the People of HK.... The World is watching...

China is a Danger to the world, That's why the USA wants a Space Force... China has released a Missile that has the capability of shooting down any Satellite they want... They have released one already and have shot it down...

This Missile can travel 50 times the height of the ISS(400km). Much higher than anything the US has.. That puts every Satellite in danger of being shot down by China in one day...

Think about it... Its Scary... :skull:

LW....

The way I see it the loggers see their businesses going down the drain and they for the most part have to protect the asset as well as manage it the rest of us get to utilize this protected asset.Having 4x4s with their big muddies up front is no different but i agree if you put the scouts guides and camping families in the fore it will give a much better impression.Wish I could be there tomorrow but this environmental engineer (garbo of sorts) has to work tomorrow and its a bit of a drive from adelaide. I see this fight as an ongoing issue until all the bush is locked up for all but the privileged few so it is akin to the eureka fight and another fight worth fighting for.Good luck tomorrow and hope its a bloody good turn out
Pagan P :Y:

At a minimum we have a few family members attending tomorrow :Y: all the best. I'd like to offer a huge thanks to everyone who has put in so much of their time to get this into gear, Wombat you are a true champion for all of us :clap: :clap: along with the many others who have underpinned the success of BUGU and PMAV.

Wombat if you happen to read this don't forget to mention the mental health benefits the bush offers all of us who use our public space for recreation. There's also a real potential for mental health issues to arise in the case of those who operate business or work within those businesses that derive income from sustainable use of public land and who have paid for the right to do so, should any decision make it even harder than it already is. I also spoke with Steph Ryan's office (Nationals MP of the Vic Legislative Assembly) today to suggest the need for the decision makers to consider the potential extra strain any wild fire event will put on the volunteer emergency services. This potential extra strain on the volunteers is a real possibility given the government doesn't have the resources to properly manage the national parks we already have :( so why add more :mad: After all its the national parks that have the highest infestation of weeds and fire fuel adding more will increase the risk which will result in the potential becoming reality one day :mad: the largest idiotic proposed park is just over my neighbours back fence

Stick it up'em :trophy:

Latest posts