Coiltek 14" Elite Mono Sensitivity Issues.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone.I have a coiltek elite which is about 4 years old.At the moment I am having a lot of trouble with noise from the coil when I run over a rock,a stick,a blade of grass!I was wondering if this is normal for these coils,I know they are sensitive but not sure this is par for the course.I was thinking of using some foam tape around it and then some tape to soften the impact!.does anyone else have this problem with the elite,and if so is there a way to address t!

Hi Dubbles, I had the same issue however, mine was within warranty so I sent it back and they replaced it.
No issues now. Contact Coiltek and see what they will do.
Great guys to deal with and passionate about service.

Cheers
HH

dubbles said:
Hi everyone.I have a coiltek elite which is about 4 years old.At the moment I am having a lot of trouble with noise from the coil when I run over a rock,a stick,a blade of grass!I was wondering if this is normal for these coils,I know they are sensitive but not sure this is par for the course.I was thinking of using some foam tape around it and then some tape to soften the impact!.does anyone else have this problem with the elite,and if so is there a way to address t!

It is a problem with the coil screen. It is usually easy to fix. Look at the video below.
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OwrkEOpPiQ[/video]

Dubbles,
I have had 2 14" elites get really noisy after about 2 years.
Both were under warranty and replaced by Coiltek.
Great coils by the way
Great service from Coiltek

Staples

before you get radical Dubbles, probably a good idea to 1st check there is no crap inside the skid plate (if you're running with one)
other thing is to see if there is an issue with the lead where it comes out of the coil, if anything is loose or damaged.
If all is good there then contact Coiltek

DED

My coil makes noise if I move the cable at the detector end, it was sensitive enough to cause bump issues. I secured it with a tie to the shaft and it's fine now. I also had an 11" that developed a similar issue but it was half way along the cable, it had to be replaced.
Wiggle the cable and see if it responds.

thanks everyone for your input.I am sending it back to coiltek for analysis.They sounded like they have customer service at the forefront of their business,so was very happy with the dialogue.cheers.

All my coiltek coils have become bump sensitive, hence why I dont buy them anymore, get yourself a nuggetfinder coil problem solved

Latest posts