Minelab X-terra 705 General Tips, Advice, Questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the price the Australian retailer is selling those 2 or 3 frequency Thunder coils for, I'd be starting to look at a new detector - $510 & $610! Can be had from overseas for $100+ less, though at $600 is the same price as a new 705 dual pack from Anaconda. :/

Goldpick said:
At the price the Australian retailer is selling those 2 or 3 frequency Thunder coils for, I'd be starting to look at a new detector - $510 & $610! Can be had from overseas for $100+ less, though at $600 is the same price as a new 705 dual pack from Anaconda. :/

Struth Yeah GP, I'd be buying a CoilTek WOT coil before I bought any after market Brand for a MineLab Machine, Coiltek coils transformed my Sovereign GT,

If DD wants any coils from over here I will find him some,

I can buy them for about $400.00 over here and it will be about 20 buck for postage,

https://regton.com/nel-big-coil-for-minelab-metal-detectors-2129.html

The one for the Etrac is about $280.00
https://regton.com/nel-attack-coil-for-minelab-metal-detectors.html

AND HERE, Is the whole range of them for ML machines.

https://regton.com/nel-coils-minelab-metal-detectors.html

yeah cheers RR
will check back with you in due course on that offer :Y:
Im toying with different ideas of what to get for it. As Goldpick pointed out, the 3 Freq coil is a fair whack of $ to spend on the 705.
Im still researching & deciding what coil(s) to upgrade the MXT as well, so I don't really want to spend big on the 705.

Ded Driver said:
yeah cheers RR
Im toying with different ideas of what to get for it. As Goldpick pointed out, the 3 Freq coil is a fair whack of $ to spend on the 705.
Im still researching & deciding what coil(s) to upgrade the MXT as well, so I don't really want to spend big on the 705.

Well mate you make a list and I will check UK ebay because I got my Detech Excellerator EQ2 Pro 14x10 for about 180 bucks +/- brand New and I got a spare one just for luck, But that 5.3 is the kiddie for prospecting and grubbing about in the creek beds and rocks etc.

:Y: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :cool:

Ridge Runner said:
Ded Driver said:
yeah cheers RR

Well mate you make a list and I will check UK ebay because I got my Detech Excellerator EQ2 Pro 14x10 for about 180 bucks +/- brand New and I got a spare one just for luck, But that 5.3 is the kiddie for prospecting and grubbing about in the creek beds and rocks etc.

:Y: :goldnugget: :goldnugget: :cool:

Good advice there from RR.
Ive owned an MXT E series since 2008 and Ive tried every eclipse coil except the 14DD. A few years ago I bought the Detech 13 Ultimate and the 14x10 Excellerator Eq2 from a seller in England. Sold the Ultimate and the Excellerator lives on the MXT. It covers a genuine 14 inches of ground, goes deeper than the 300 and pinpoints like a laser. Exceptional coil for covering lots of ground.

Hi, just curious but have you found any gold with the x terra so far? Thinking of buying one in the next days ;)

Hi all,

I am just curious about the capabilities of the x terra 705 dual pack in finding gold nuggets and I would love to know if someone actually found gold nuggets with it or if it would be a miracle to found any ?!

I am about to buy a new one with 2 coils pack for $599 as I have a very limited budget and I am now wondering if I am dreaming or if its still possible to find some gold with it?

Thanks for your answers :)

Hi Mcqueen, like all detecting is about research research and more research and then some luck to walk over the gold.
Loads of people spend years before they find gold. good luck. I think I would save more and get a monster 1000 when they are on special at Anaconda.
Not saying the 705 has not found gold just not heard of it.

Good luck
HH

don't waste your time or money on the 705 very good coin machine but nothing but crap as a gold machine my old eureka gold was 100 times better than the 705

As above. You will never find gold with it. You will be frustrated with it due to the inability the handle mineralised ground.

I had one. Was great for detecting parks for coins etc.

Sure it will detect gold if under the coil.

Its hard enough to find with sdc and gpz. Look at other options if your keen on gold.

Ill go out on a limb and say no one here in Australia has found gold with the 705 (gold pack)

Cheers

RS

In the right conditions you can find gold...just like the Monster or the Nox ..it can and will be very frustrating but if you use the 6 inch coil and hunt around cracks in bedrock you will increase your chances of finding some small nuggets..I found 4 small bits with mine in the time I owned it doing this..I wouldn't bother trying to use it in any other way as it will be useless.
1566691654_screenshot_20190825-100158_samsung_internet-810x1665.jpg
1566691667_screenshot_20190825-100131_samsung_internet-810x1665.jpg

I found a 7.08 gram nugget using a 10in coil on my 705 a few years back so it is possible
Mcqueen said:
Hi all,

I am just curious about the capabilities of the x terra 705 dual pack in finding gold nuggets and I would love to know if someone actually found gold nuggets with it or if it would be a miracle to found any ?!

I am about to buy a new one with 2 coils pack for $599 as I have a very limited budget and I am now wondering if I am dreaming or if its still possible to find some gold with it?

Thanks for your answers :)

My x terra started playing up yesterday, has never happened before, hope someone can give me a clue of what/why it's doing it, hopefully can be something I can tweak. It's the only detector I have & use it most days. :(
I always wear headphones & it started the spluttering noise, distorted noises. Took the headphones off & had to turn the volume up full to hear properly. Since I use headphones I don't know how it's supposed to sound. Sort of falsing noises.
Apologies for not sure how to explain the problem.
GR

Thanks DD, will do that tomorrow. Didn't have time before dark to change back to the concentric to see if there was a difference.

Latest posts