Best Gold Mode For GPZ7000 In GT?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a GPZ7000 and so far Im rapt & have it running smoothly. Ive been using quick start & factory presets. This means that the gold mode is High Yield.

The area that Im currently working was one that I previously did with the 5000 & picked up about a dozen bits between 2 to 10 grams.

So far with the Z, working the same ground Ive picked up a couple of sub-grammars and a heap of shotgun pellets that I obviously missed with the 5000.

This is great, but Im wondering if I might be better of running in General? So Im keen to hear others views on Gold Mode or any other settings worth giving a go? Also if I should just stay with factory & high yield for now even on ground that Ive previously work with the 5000?

Thanks & regards

Well, I am certainly no expert buy if it were me I would go over the whole area with HY like you are and then again in general searching for the bigger, deeper peices.
Considering you have found a dozen up to 10 grams it would be worth it if it were me.
I also crank the sensitivity right up to high teens, even 20 and swing sloooooow

Thanks Lord, I was thinking alongs those lines. I was very lucky to find this spot no visible old timer diggings etc. Theres no way I would have cleaned it out. Reckon Ill continue with HY & then General.

Yep, and I would be interested to hear if general pickes up anything after you have been over the area in HY :Y:

I dont get into normal all that often as I run the sensitivity so high, usually in difficult. But if ground allows normal try normal out.

Hi Bullwinkle
What size coils and what type of coils did you run over the ground with the 5000?
This is a key question to what else you may expect to find.
With a 5000 you change coils to get different depths.
With the Z you can get different depths with the same coil but different settings.
Yes you can get different depths with settings alone on the 5000 but the biggest difference comes from changing coils.
With either machine you have to go over the same ground for different depths.
Good luck.

LORD said:
Well, I am certainly no expert buy if it were me I would go over the whole area with HY like you are and then again in general searching for the bigger, deeper peices.
Considering you have found a dozen up to 10 grams it would be worth it if it were me.
I also crank the sensitivity right up to high teens, even 20 and swing sloooooow

Got out in the golden triangle today for 3 hours and found a little patch. Remembered reading this post this morning so after finding the first nugget i cranked the sensitivity up to 20. Had to go super super slow but it worked a treat. I picked up a .36 piece as deep as buggery. Woulda been close to 8 inches i reckon. Was a nice warbly signal. I was running in high yield difficult. No ground smoothing no audio smoothing threshold 23 sensitivity 20. One thing I found out the hard way is 13 is way too high in the volume. Shotgun pellets almost blew the ear drums out.
Will be trying these settings a lot more in future.
1566725533_2019-08-25_19.30.09.jpg

Latest posts