See sapphire No sapphire

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1566381841_20190712_142719.jpg

Well what can one say. I just threw up a pic of over 1000cts of Australian sapphire and most act like two year old children. Fact is that about 100cts was found by me in Tasmania.About 900 or so ct was brought off an old fella who found,cut and collected over 50 years.Thanks for the attacks but I will be closing this account and moving to a site that's more receptive and respectful of other people.

Don't mind the nay sayers digginhard
They get a bit skittish around new people displaying pretty things.

In their defence though they are detectorists ;)

Digginhard I would love to see some more representative photos of the stones in your collection in order to appreciate what you really have.
Now that you have clarified what your initial photos represent, any further infantile remarks on my behalf will only be a sad case of envy.
Cheers.

digginhard said:
Well what can one say. I just threw up a pic of over 1000cts of Australian sapphire and most act like two year old children. Fact is that about 100cts was found by me in Tasmania.About 900 or so ct was brought off an old fella who found,cut and collected over 50 years.Thanks for the attacks but I will be closing this account and moving to a site that's more receptive and respectful of other people.

C'mon mate, we'd all love to see some more pics of your gems, fantastic collection in my opinion. A few closer pics too of some of the standouts would be great too.

There were no malicious remarks or they would have been removed, maybe a few cheeky remarks but...... I don't think anything that should be taken personally. The original post was a bit cryptic.

I am very impressed by the amount of stones there

Yeah I felt the post was a cryptic kind of guessing game/ joke. Had been following the thread waiting for enlightenment. I mean "See sapphire No sapphire" ??
Everyone is pretty light hearted on here so don't take anything too seriously. I think if your post had of been "My life's sapphire collection" you would have gotten the appreciation it obviously deserves. Please stick around because we all like pretty pictures especially with a story to go with it. :rainbow: