Bush Users Group United

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigWave said:
Will let Wombat respond with details, but there are many organisations (viz: PMAV et al) supporting "Bush User Groups United" (BUGU), as are many/most Liberal pollys who are against this Forest bash by the Greens.
The idea here is for all pro bush organisations to get together under a single umbrella - that's where the "United" comes from.
We all must be in this.
Individually we can't win, but all together we can!

Well said BigWave :beer: :Y:

Gpx5000 said:
I don't have Facebook either.
Wow there's some funny folk's on this forum.... {)

Trump's got the right idea, build a wall around the shite hole and throw away the key for all I care.

Thanks Tathradj for clarifying that.

My post has been edited without my knowledge/consent, well done PA mods.....freedom of speech ends here :N:
Might as well just totally hack my account!!! :poop:

Must be a 'bug' in the system Gpx, it has happened to mine too... But worse, words were added to mine.... and if the mod thought he was funny, well I did get a giggle out of it.... :playful:
That's why I do most of my fossicking in NSW... Not as far to travel...and I find stuff worth keeping... ;)

LW....

Gpx5000 said:
Gpx5000 said:
I don't have Facebook either.
Wow there's some funny folk's on this forum.... {)

Trump's got the right idea, build a wall around the shite hole and throw away the key for all I care.

Thanks Tathradj for clarifying that.

My post has been edited without my knowledge/consent, well done PA mods.....freedom of speech ends here :N:
:lol: :lol: Does happen now and then :lol: :lol: :N:

Gpx5000 said:

Don't take it personally Gpx5000, it's happened to most of us at some time or another. Usually if you say an exceptionally naughty word/s, or something that could be misconstrued as offensive by someone outside of the forum with an axe to grind, who may use it to paint us all with the same brush. It's just the moderators doing their job (Jaros even pinged me once for using the F-Bomb) :8 Plus, we all want the Greenies and other pollies to know that most of us are O:) who :inlove: the bush

Hi folks. The rally in Melbourne is almost upon us so this petition has to be wrapped up in the next couple of days.

If you have not added your signature and you regularly, or intend in the future, to visit Victoria's goldfields, please, please add your name to the list. It may do nothing, but if we all dont try something, anything, we'll loose our opportunity to spend time in Victoria's bush.

The link below will take you to the petition. Thanks.

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http...yF3ornICAHq3CzbrEQqY-Dh5l_zKAHeyhu6KkHRec&s=1

From what I have seen in the past from change org and there usuall trouble making garbage ,I won,t sign there petition is there another one that I can put my name too.
Pluss I don,t want to get bombarded with there stuff on my face book page.

OK Guys here is an up date to the Rally. But first of all, last weekend 16th.17th. & 18th BUGU & the PMAV had a very big internal stall at the 4 x 4, Fishing & Camping Expo at the Royal Melb. Showgrounds, where many thousands turn out over the weekend. They estimated over 35,000 + and I feel like I spoke to most of them over the 3 days. We got over 2000 signature on our petition over that period. Handed out thousands of flyers in regards to next Tuesday rally. Met many a politician over the weekend as the Nationals and the Shooter, Fishers & Farmers Party also had their stalls in the same Hall as us. They are fully supporting us and the National member, Melinda Bath PM, who is a member of the Legislative Council of the Upper House, and the one who sponsoring and presenting the petition to the Upper House on the day of the rally. We also had a great response from people attending the Expo and a fantastic indication from many bush user type groups that they will be attending the Rally. We are expecting in the range of 5000 + at the Rally (fingers crossed)

Now in regards to the rally it self. We now have FREE bus services coming down from Barmah, Bendigo, Ballarat, Mansfield, Maryborough and may be Sale. We are getting the Timber Industry to bring down there trucks and park them outside Parliament House. We will be having horse riders, 4 wheel drivers, trail bike riders, rock climbers, prospectors, hunters, fishermen, and people with their dogs. It looks like I, Roothy (4 wheel drive gooroo) & one other will be on "Good Morning Sunrise that morning. And then we head of to 3AW to the Neil Mitchell Radio Show. At the Rally you will hear from Melina Bath National PM, Louise Staley Liberal PM, Tim Quilty Independent, Roothy, Myself, someone from the shooter and someone from the horse group. There may be more. We march on Parliament House from the Treasury Gardens at 1pm. We have got full support by the Victorian Police, Parliament House Security and the Melb. City Council. This will be a very big rally by all indications. So please come along and support those that are supporting you. This could be our last chance to convince the Government that we will not tolerate any more bush closure or restriction of our chosen hobby or activities. Be Seen To Be Heard.
wombat ;)

Good onya` , Wombat. Looks like it is well organised. I think you will find those ladies are MPs and not PM`s !!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with it all. Power to the people. I surely hope the message gets through on the day.

Keep us informed. I`m sure you will.

FOZ

OK everyone, we have FREE buses coming down to the Melb Rally from Maryborough, Ballarat, Barmah, and possibly Bendigo and Mansfield If anyone is interested please contact me through this site.
wombat ;)

No Public Transport Strike for Tuesday 27th August.

[The Age Newspaper - August 19, 2019 5.22pm]

Melbourne's trains will not be shut down for four hours next week, with the public transport union dropping plans to go on strike.

The Rail, Tram and Bus Union has withdrawn plans for a four-hour work stoppage on Tuesday, August 27, saying it was making positive progress in its negotiations with the rail operator.

However, Yarra Trams workers are still on track to walk off the job on Friday, August 30.

C'Ya there!
stevewilko

No Public Transport Strike for Tuesday 27th August.

[The Age Newspaper - August 19, 2019 5.22pm]

Melbourne's trains will not be shut down for four hours next week, with the public transport union dropping plans to go on strike.

The Rail, Tram and Bus Union has withdrawn plans for a four-hour work stoppage on Tuesday, August 27, saying it was making positive progress in its negotiations with the rail operator.

However, Yarra Trams workers are still on track to walk off the job on Friday, August 30.

C'Ya there!
stevewilko

I'm behind this protest 100% and will even try to get some time off work to go (hopefully the boss is in a good mood and allows it).

It sounds like a lot of organisation has gone into it, and kudos to Wombat and all involved.

There's just one thing that concerned me, reading his previous post of the arrangements...

We are getting the Timber Industry to bring down there trucks and park them outside Parliament House

Is this a good idea? I don't think the majority of protesters there would support the timber industry to cut down our bush that we love being in. I know I don't.

What's the reason behind this inclusion? Wouldn't a lot of 4x4 vehicles parked along there, be more appropriate?

Cheers,
Megsy

Latest posts