Anyone tried XP Orx in Vic GT, or suggestions under $2k

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

I live in Bendigo, happy to drive a couple of hours for some casual detecting and want to get boots on the ground a budget cap of $2k.

I don't know enough about gear or who to trust to buy second hand so am looking at new.

I've seen ads online and a few videos promoting the XP Orx (with eliptical), it's in the right price range for me.

Has anyone had any experience around Central Victoria with one of these units?

Very happy to hear any input.

Thanks for your time,

Cheers,

Noel

goodaye BigNoel. I don't know much about the Orx, but if you are considering a VLF detector specifically for gold, then the Minelab Gold Monster 1000 may also be worth a look. well inside your budget at around $1100-1200 & its a great machine to get started on & is very simple to use

DED

I wouldn't bother with a VLF machine in Bendigo region, the hotrocks and ground will drive you goddamn wild. That was my experience when I first started, I learnt the hard way haha.
You would want a PI machine and for your price point you can't really beat the QED. Have a look at one of those and do your research as always

Thanks guys! I'm glad I asked. I'll keep researching, and will certainly look into the QED unit.

Latest posts