wanted magnets

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

wanted some magnets for various reasons eg homemade pick etc if u have some that u dont want give us a bell

My young fella found some for free on wish.... but the postage was $5.00 each
Some good ones in microwave ovens.. but you need to watch the safety video's on utube first as it can be electrically dangerous to your very life poking around inside them.... in so saying I did retrieve a pair out of one myself a little while back and found it very interesting to say the least. :D
I say if you've got the aptitude for it and the intestinal fortitude coupled with a perfect safety ethic and ability..... go for it(but it must be your decision not mine.... as I can accept no personal responsibility or liability) :|

no worries silver i have open some up with a backhoe at the tip but they take some getting out and they where bit bit big might try hard drives

Do a search on the Bunnings website,they have some things with magnets that may be suitable.

Nightjar said:
Ded Driver said:
Neodymium magnets are a reasonable price on ebay
just do a search
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/100x-Ra...hash=item41e3db8e49:m:moj66feuYkvcqI3SCUzLKXQ

Bought a pack of the ones in top RH corner of DD's photo.
**Warning be very careful bringing two of these close together, if they pinch a bit of your skin a blood blister is guaranteed.**
I let 2 'snap' together a bit too firmly ... took a big chip out of one :awful: yeah, watch those fingers with the bigger magnets! 8.(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts