⭐ Alluvial Show n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheeky 2.5 hour sluicing session in the sun this arvo

1566028283_a758ca6a-738f-4a3b-a2a6-6a90b053f6f2.jpg

Initially went out with the detector today but found nothing but iron and 35 cents in change.

Grabbed a classifier and filled a third of a bucket of dirt and panned it out in the back yard when I got home and came up with this.

YvYc5gp.png

Don't let the image fool you. It's very small, but it is nice and chunky.

Would have to be the largest bit I have found to date. Seeing this, I was expecting to see some flour gold in there as well, but it was all alone and had no friends with him today.

At least I have found another spot to work harder on though. :cool:

Found this one along with four other tiny bits, in the pan today, at my new favourite spot.

MRY6RYD.png

Not massive at 4mm across, but is the biggest piece I have found to date.

Was at this place for literally ten minutes in total. Just grabbed a quick bucket of dirt to have a play in the back yard again. Unfortunately no access to water where this was.

Might have to take a trailer next time - LOL :p

HippyProspecting said:
Nice gold jazz!

Thanks man!

The last few have been very photogenic. If only they were bigger and come in bulk lots. :p

Because I am very much a beginner, I re-panned the bucket. Didn't find a single spec. Which is great. It means my panning must be half decent, as I got it all on the first go.

I have been able to find absolutely miniscule specs in the pan in the past. So I have been semi-confident with a pan for a little while.

Still learning where to look though, that's the hardest part.

All great fun! I am really glad I took up this hobby. Wish I discovered it years ago.