New Detech 80cm Concentric Coil for PI detectors

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
If you run in Mono, I think it becomes a mono but on the outer winding.
Check it out against another 18" mono and see if it becomes like a mono. I am quite sure it doesn't. The depth of this CC coil will not match the depth of any NF or Coiltek 18" mono.

mbasko said:
New vids from Stinky Pete:

I wonder at this test site why he did not test the 18" CC over the 5.5oz piece of Lead at the deepest depth which is off to the side from the 2oz piece of lead at 20" ?

I would say he just forgot to check that particular 5.5oz target which I have read is only buried at an extra 2" depth(22") to the 2oz at 20" as that 18" concentric appeared to have no problems responding to the other targets.

washgravel said:
I would say he just forgot to check that particular 5.5oz target which I have read is only buried at an extra 2" depth(22") to the 2oz at 20" as that 18" concentric appeared to have no problems responding to the other targets.
12" NF Evo has no problem responding to those targets either and it is much smaller coil at much lower price. Coiltek are even cheaper at this depth level.
Here is also a video of the QED with 11" Coiltek Elite on the same targets. In all honesty the 11" Coiltek appears more convincing.

Rush said:
mbasko said:
New vids from Stinky Pete:

I wonder at this test site why he did not test the 18" CC over the 5.5oz piece of Lead at the deepest depth which is off to the side from the 2oz piece of lead at 20" ?
Don't know?
Why don't you ask him yourself via PM or YouTube?

Candigger said:
washgravel said:
12" NF Evo has no problem responding to those targets either and it is much smaller coil at much lower price. Coiltek are even cheaper at this depth level.
Here is also a video of the QED with 11" Coiltek Elite on the same targets. In all honesty the 11" Coiltek appears more convincing.
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7wA5T2vDDE[/video]
Maybe these overpriced CC coils including yours are not required :)

mbasko said:
Candigger said:
washgravel said:
[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7wA5T2vDDE[/video]
Maybe these overpriced CC coils including yours are not required :)

My small CC (below 18") will be at nearly half the Detech price and will be capable to match the depth of same mono coils. This 18" coil here doesn't appear to match even mono of half its size.
Really 11" Coiltek is giving more busting signals than 18" Detech that's twice the price.

Candigger since Hendo87 used a 50c coin in one of his air tests I did the same test with a 50c coin using a QED with an 18" mono for an 18" result compared to Hendo87's result at 28" with your 30" CC coil.

Rush said:
Candigger since Hendo87 used a 50c coin in one of his air tests I did the same test with a 50c coin using a QED with an 18" mono for an 18" result compared to Hendo87's result at 28" with your 30" CC coil.

Nenad reported the following results with 50c coin.
4500 - 15" Evo - Enhance - 61cm
5000 - 19" Evo - Normal - 64cm

so your result as you say is (18") 45 cm with 18" mono on the QED if I understand correctly, which is 26% less than a smaller 15" coil did on the 4500. Maybe you could try one of the Evo coils and see if it wouldn't do better.

I know 50c test doesn't mean much, but will be interesting to see the 18"CC Detech coil on that too.

Candigger said:
so your result as you say is (18") 45 cm with 18" mono on the QED if I understand correctly, which is 26% less than a smaller 15" coil did on the 4500. Maybe you could try one of the Evo coils and see if it wouldn't do better.

I know 50c test doesn't mean much, but will be interesting to see the 18"CC Detech coil on that too.

Candigger I do not have access to a 15" or 19"Evo as Nenad used for his 50c coin test on the 4500 & 5000 so I tested the same 18" mono, that I used for the QED, on my 5000 in Normal and the result was 71cm which was the same as Hendo87 got on his 4500 using the 30"CC switched in its high mineralised ground setting. However I had my 5000 set in a higher Gain 18 setting compared to Nenad's Gain setting of 10 on his 5000 in Normal that he used for his 19" Evo test. Also surprising to me was Fine Gold produced the same 71cm result as Normal on the 50c coin using my settings.

Rush said:
Candigger said:

Candigger I do not have access to a 15" or 19"Evo as Nenad used for his 50c coin test on the 4500 & 5000 so I tested the same 18" mono, that I used for the QED, on my 5000 in Normal and the result was 71cm which was the same as Hendo87 got on his 4500 using the 30"CC switched in its high mineralised ground setting. However I had my 5000 set in a higher Gain 18 setting compared to Nenad's Gain setting of 10 on his 5000 in Normal that he used for his 19" Evo test. Also surprising to me was Fine Gold produced the same 71cm result as Normal on the 50c coin using my settings.

I opened a new thread called "Air tests with 50c Australian".
Please lets move this discussion in there and not highjack any further the Detech topic.
Anyone interested discussing air tests can come on the new thread and share some results.

Hi guys,

Went out with the 18" CC Detech with a heap of nuggets to test but the rain and howling wind kept me in the car most the time so only did very minimal testing.

Using a 4500 in Factory General settings I tested a few different coils on the 50c. Ground was a little more mineralized than at Jupiter, but coils were ground balanced on the same spot and coins swept over the top. EMI levels were very low. Here's some results.

18" Super Goldsearch Mono
Enhance - 62/63 cm
Normal - 63cm

17x13" Spoked Evo
Enhance - 65/66cm
Normal - 63/64cm

15" Evo
Enhance - 63/64cm
Normal - not tested

Detech 18" concentric
Normal/DD - 60cm
Normal/Mono - 63cm
Enhance/Mono - 64/65cm

It is worth noting that the Detech was super stable, so will need more ground time to determine optimum settings, and this will obviously alter results.

I also tested on the same 2.35g nugget but this time buried, so I rated the signal response on a scale of 1-10. I'll try get these typed up in the next day or so.

I will add it's a cool looking coil!

1567833497_img_20190906_124303.jpg

I have not done enough testing with mine yet, but it seems to be more stable and gives better penetration in very mineralized ground.

Reg Wilson said:
I have not done enough testing with mine yet, but it seems to be more stable and gives better penetration in very mineralized ground.
More stable and better than 18"DD from Coiltek, 18"DD ML or something else?

Okay, so here is the first comparo on a 2.35g textured nugget, buried in mineralized soil. The ground was super saturated, and spiral/flat monos struggle here in anything but smooth timings.

Knowing that larger coils generally react a little better on this particular target, I used the 12" Evo to set the depth which was strapped to my 5000. Target depth was 21.5cm and hole was repacked hard.

I decided to use a scale of 1-10 to record the strength of the signal, where 1 is barely audible, 5 is an obvious target, and 10 is blow your socks off!

5000 w/12" Evo
F Gold - 1.5
Enhance - 1
Normal - 8
Salt Gold - 6
S Extra - 7

4500 w/14x9" Evo
Enhance - 1
Normal - 6
Salt Coarse - 5
S Extra - 7

4500 w/17x13" Evo
Enhance - 3
Normal - 9
Salt C - 6
S Extra - 8

5000 w/15" Evo
F Gold - not tested
Enhance - 1
Normal - 8
Salt Gold - 8
S Extra - 8

4500 w/18" Super GS Mono
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 6
S Extra - 8

4500 w/ 19" Evo
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 7
S Extra - 9

4500 w/ Detech 18" Concentric
Coil switch in DD:
Enhance - 0
Normal - 8
Salt C - 6
S Extra - 7

Coil switch in Mono:
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 8
S Extra - 9

Definitely some food for thought there, but way too early to draw any conclusions yet. Next step is to spend some time running the coil and see what sort of settings/timings can be used.

PhaseTech said:
Okay, so here is the first comparo on a 2.35g textured nugget, buried in mineralized soil. The ground was super saturated, and spiral/flat monos struggle here in anything but smooth timings.

Knowing that larger coils generally react a little better on this particular target, I used the 12" Evo to set the depth which was strapped to my 5000. Target depth was 21.5cm and hole was repacked hard.

I decided to use a scale of 1-10 to record the strength of the signal, where 1 is barely audible, 5 is an obvious target, and 10 is blow your socks off!

5000 w/12" Evo
F Gold - 1.5
Enhance - 1
Normal - 8
Salt Gold - 6
S Extra - 7

4500 w/14x9" Evo
Enhance - 1
Normal - 6
Salt Coarse - 5
S Extra - 7

4500 w/17x13" Evo
Enhance - 3
Normal - 9
Salt C - 6
S Extra - 8

5000 w/15" Evo
F Gold - not tested
Enhance - 1
Normal - 8
Salt Gold - 8
S Extra - 8

4500 w/18" Super GS Mono
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 6
S Extra - 8

4500 w/ 19" Evo
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 7
S Extra - 9

Coil switch in DD:
Enhance - 0
Normal - 8
Salt C - 6
S Extra - 7

Coil switch in Mono:
Enhance - 1
Normal - 9
Salt C - 8
S Extra - 9

Definitely some food for thought there, but way too early to draw any conclusions yet. Next step is to spend some time running the coil and see what sort of settings/timings can be used.

Nice chart. It would have been more useful to measure on each setting for every coil used how far above ground these coils were able to detect the target with some minimum signal at least. Target response on a scale from 1 to 10 is hugely subjective and variable unless is done with means of accurate measurement like decibel meter or similar.
Measured distance on top of the buried target above ground with a meter is absolute.
So may inches for this coil and so many for that coil, no impressions.

Of course video with measurements would be even better.

Latest posts