You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

AtomRat
11 September 2015 09:00 pm

Actually.. we will use what Roscoe said in post #2 smile

Wisdom is knowing how little you know

Dirtdemon
11 September 2015 10:31 pm

Id be putting the battery on charge as early as posiible , as they take a while , there is a green LED on the battery that is supposed to get dimmer once the battery is completed charging , but I struggle to see any difference from charge to full really , a simple red LED for charging and green for full would be a better system .

AtomRat
11 September 2015 10:34 pm

Dirtdemon wrote:

Id be putting the battery on charge as early as posiible, as they take a while , there is a green LED on the battery that is supposed to get dimmer once the battery is completed charging , but I struggle to see any difference from charge to full really , a simple red LED for charging and green for full would be a better system .

Cheers mate. I've got a recharable and a battery pack too so I'm pretty sweet in case. The green light is ratger bright so that means I should charge it until it dims down? Rather.. 8)

Last edited by AtomRat (11 September 2015 10:35 pm)

Dirtdemon
11 September 2015 11:09 pm

yeah mate supposed to dim down when it charges , i tend to just leave mine charging overnight .

AtomRat
12 September 2015 06:40 am

Yepbit stopped being green and turned off. Cheers smile

AtomRat
12 September 2015 07:15 am

To the north we go! Shower shower drive drive dig dig beep beep fist sized nugget!

2 users like this post: Dylanpennack23, limpalot

limpalot
12 September 2015 11:46 am

Hope you get one for each hand and the kids too. Happy scratching.

Home made sluices x 2 & highbanker, ATX, Garret Supa Sluice, Quanta pan, 2008 - minelab 4500, SPO1, Makro Gold Kruzer

AtomRat
22 September 2015 08:42 am

Nup we had no luck on the field apart from a faint signal in slate...which I left on the ground out there.. roll hopefully it may be there when we return and I will find out if its gold or not

We took the detectors down to the beach for a hit, they were fine on dry sand but anywhere near sea water and it just went crazy. Its been mentioned to lower the sensitivity which I didn't attempt so will tty that next time.

If anyone has any other hints on if or how to use a eureka gold at the beach would be most appreciated

SteelPat
22 September 2015 08:52 am

I have used mine many times at the beach. In the dry sand its pretty straight forward but wet sand you really have to turn things down.

Its been a while but I am pretty sure I just use Freq 20, Normal, fast track and sensitivity turned down a bit. Then adjust threshold to where you are comfortable. I always throw a coin down and test against that and fine tune as best I can.

I also generally run a larger coil as its mainly coins and stuff which are easier to find than fine gold. Xmas holidays a bonus down here on the beaches. Head out late and make some pocket money.

Manufacturer of the steelPHASE Audio Enhancer, GPX4500, Equinox 800, Eureka Gold, Minelab Pro-Find 25, numerous experimental detectors/circuits and coils. (Another GPZ7000 in the future)

AtomRat
22 September 2015 09:03 am

I don't think no one had done the very popular beaches we were on, I'd lobe to get into the low tide dips.

So you successfully were able to make it quiet (er) in the wet sand? I'm a bit annoyed I didn't think of fiddling with sensitivity but will try next time

The settings we used were 20hz, slow track, just audible threshold, sens on max, boost and discrim set at 11 oclock

We will try it again soon, thanks heaps for the info Pat!

Were stuck with the standard elliptical coil for now. For some reason I havnt been testing with coins like I was the old detector..good point

SteelPat
22 September 2015 09:27 am

I never use boost on the beach and never use discrimination full stop. I know the relic guys always use discrimination but I would rather dig everything on a beach (its easy digging and dont have to worry about plugs) than risk missing something.

Besides I dont mind cleaning the beaches where I live.

Manufacturer of the steelPHASE Audio Enhancer, GPX4500, Equinox 800, Eureka Gold, Minelab Pro-Find 25, numerous experimental detectors/circuits and coils. (Another GPZ7000 in the future)

1 user likes this post: Sandta

AtomRat
22 September 2015 11:52 am

We were still digging all signals but using discrim to tell us what if it was ferrous or not

Just took it to a park for a quick morning run and pulled out $14 or so near the swings and a silver buddah, played with sensitivity and made a difference with noise even at the park. As a bonus, I think I just found the old farrier house pulling out 18 horse shoe nails and chunks of iron. The old train station ( early 1900 ) is a stones throw away

What's a 'pip pip'? A pip is usually my flat batt indicator but it pip pipd a couple of times for no reason. M8ght have still just been battery as it stopped when fresh batts went into it

Last edited by AtomRat (22 September 2015 12:22 pm)

Dylanpennack23
12 August 2019 10:42 pm

Hey all I’m back! Been a few years since iv been on, but I had twins girls so was more important than any good at the time but now there a little older I’m able to get back out there and have a pan,swing ect. Looking at heading out to chest on,Fryerstown for a swing have recently purchased the GOLD MONSTER 1000 so hoping to get out there and see how it goes up for a good chat laugh and hopefully some yellow good to be back guys!

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site