You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Wheremuhgoldat
28 July 2019 01:32 am

G'day everyone, this is myself and my partner finally getting out and learning that we know very little about the awesome hobby of panning. That's not going to stop us though as we had a great time out at Slaty Creek in Victoria. This was filmed last week and we want to keep on documenting ourselves to see how much progress we make (or don't). The videos also show the first gold that we have ever pulled from the creek, it was an awesome day!

Part 1 can be found at https://youtu.be/0EYBIGbxPZo

Part 2 is here https://youtu.be/Sx-HQF8kj-8

I hope you enjoy cringing as we make some rookie mistakes but ultimately have a laugh smile

Edit : Oh yeah I added a link to this site in both the videos description!

Last edited by Wheremuhgoldat (28 July 2019 01:36 am)

We are newbies to the hobby and are going to document our progress (or lack thereof) on YouTube smile

12 users like this post: DrDuck, sulphide, madtuna, Hard Luck, goody2shoes, Flowerpot, Goldpin Prospecting, Billy, Ded Driver, Bluecurrant, Brother, WalkaboutOz

Panny McGee
28 July 2019 07:03 pm

Had a ball making this video! Lots of mud and water and digging under plenty of rocks. And Slaty Creek is just such a beautiful area too, so very picturesque! perfect

Can't wait to see how the next video comes together, had alot fun with that one too, trying out some new toys and learning heaps. big_smile

One half of a crazy couple who are documenting our new and exciting journey into prospecting

6 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, madtuna, Billy, Ded Driver, Brother, WalkaboutOz

Wheremuhgoldat
28 July 2019 07:23 pm

This should make it easier smile

Part 1

Part 2

And we filmed part 3 today.

We are newbies to the hobby and are going to document our progress (or lack thereof) on YouTube smile

5 users like this post: nucopia, Gem in I, Brother, Billy, WalkaboutOz

Flowerpot
28 July 2019 07:43 pm

Fun videos, well done to you both. The gold will show up soon enough. goldpan goldpan gold-nugget

wheel oil beef hooked

2 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee

Wheremuhgoldat
28 July 2019 09:50 pm

Thank you and fingers crossed Flower, we went out today and had another go. The stuff we filmed is great, just gotta edit the bugger.

1 user likes this post: Flowerpot

Wheremuhgoldat
31 July 2019 04:07 pm

You were right Flowerpot! The gold did show up smile

7 users like this post: Flowerpot, robmoto, Billy, RM Outback, sulphide, StoneTheCrows, WalkaboutOz

Panny McGee
01 August 2019 10:16 pm

Can't believe you found gold on the one day you went without me!! yikes

That's it, we're definitely heading back up there this weekend!

Can't wait to get up there and dig out some more shiny! pickshovel goldpan gold-nugget

One half of a crazy couple who are documenting our new and exciting journey into prospecting

7 users like this post: Ded Driver, RM Outback, Wheremuhgoldat, goody2shoes, sulphide, Flowerpot, WalkaboutOz

Wheremuhgoldat
01 August 2019 10:39 pm

Looking forward to it, I'll show you exactly where I was scratching around. We are going to find so much because we bought a (PA Exclusive announcement!) SLUICE!!!

A proper one, not a mini sluice. Weve named her Sluicille Ball and she gets her maiden voyage this Sunday goldpan

5 users like this post: Ded Driver, goody2shoes, Panny McGee, Greenhornet_au, Flowerpot

Ded Driver
01 August 2019 10:42 pm

crazy pair of nugget nutters playful
may you find plenty gold-nugget gold-nugget thumbsup

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

5 users like this post: goody2shoes, Wheremuhgoldat, Panny McGee, Greenhornet_au, Flowerpot

Wheremuhgoldat
01 August 2019 10:55 pm

Thanks heaps DD, if I find a nugget I'm calling it the Driver Nugget gold-nugget

3 users like this post: Ded Driver, RM Outback, Flowerpot

Ded Driver
01 August 2019 11:12 pm

Wheremuhgoldat wrote:

Thanks heaps DD, if I find a nugget I'm calling it the Driver Nugget gold-nugget

haha cheers .. make sure its DED skull cool

Last edited by Ded Driver (01 August 2019 11:13 pm)

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

2 users like this post: Wheremuhgoldat, Flowerpot

Ded Driver
01 August 2019 11:17 pm

just subscribed to your Youtube channel ... looking forward to watching your adventures unfold thumbsup

Wheremuhgoldat
04 August 2019 01:52 am

The fourth video just went up, part 3 of our Search for Gold. Didn't get a nugget Ded Driver so no naming yet but we did find a nice picker, our first one! Flower Pot when you are right you are right, the gold just keeps coming the longer you keep at it smile

Cheers for watching the vid and I owe you a beer if you subscribe!

5 users like this post: Ded Driver, Ship of fools, Gem in I, Billy, Flowerpot

Panny McGee
05 August 2019 01:20 pm

I am amazed at how much more material we were able to get through using a sluice! yikes

What an amazing device, it made a HUGE difference and we had so much fun with it! big_smile

Fairly sure it's only a matter of time until those mighty nuggets show up gold-nugget goldpan pickshovel

Just loving this hobby!

6 users like this post: Aussiedigs, robmoto, Wheremuhgoldat, Ward69, Ded Driver, Flowerpot

Wheremuhgoldat
05 August 2019 02:27 pm

Thanks for the sub and the advice Aussiedigs, I will be giving it all a go next time Panny and I head out

Aussiedigs
05 August 2019 03:24 pm

Wheremuhgoldat wrote:

Thanks for the sub and the advice Aussiedigs, I will be giving it all a go next time Panny and I head out

Too easy mate! thumbsup

“He had died of hunger, yet under his head was a bag with eighteen pounds' weight of gold in it...”

Wheremuhgoldat
06 August 2019 07:50 pm

Last episode we got some great advice from one of the people at Gold Rat Highbankers. They commented under the vid and told us where some good spots are. This episode we try one of them.

We also had a visit from Aerosmith and they sing an updated, much better version of one of their smash hits.

*Singers may or may not be Aerosmith

1565081415_tumbnail_pt_4.jpg

I'm gonna start adding the full thumbnail because I think they look great and Dunky has put in a lot of work on them smile

Last edited by Wheremuhgoldat (06 August 2019 07:51 pm)

6 users like this post: Ded Driver, HippyProspecting, robmoto, Billy, Brother, Flowerpot

SimKlay
07 August 2019 12:00 am

Good channel mate, good laughs! Subscribed thumbsup

The detector, a pick, a gold pan, a yabbie pump, a shovel, some enthusiasm.

2 users like this post: Panny McGee, Wheremuhgoldat

Panny McGee
07 August 2019 02:10 pm

Thanks so much for the feedback and the sub SimKlay! thumbsup big_smile

Wheremuhgoldat
09 August 2019 03:14 am

Hi all,

My second Solo Adventure just came out. I revisit the previous awesome spot that I found with Dunky in the Search for Gold series Part 3 and pull out some gold. Then the weather hates on me a bit, then some cookie shenanigans ensue. It's a whole thing, trust me just watch it and share in the wonder and majesty that is me alone in the wilderness stumbling about.

Because this was my previous spot I didn't get to use any of the cool tips that Gold Rat Highbanker told me in the comments sections of Parts 3&4 of Search for Gold. Weather permitting we will be trying out his locations this weekend.

And Dunky's thumbnail in full smile

1565280900_tumbnail_solo_2.jpg

Last edited by Wheremuhgoldat (09 August 2019 03:15 am)

4 users like this post: Billy, Aussiedigs, robmoto, Ded Driver

Panny McGee
10 August 2019 05:02 pm

Hmmm, you seem to be having waaaaay too much fun on these solo trip vids of yours.. ha ha ha playful

2 users like this post: robmoto, Ded Driver

Wheremuhgoldat
11 August 2019 01:11 am

New episode is out now smile

In episode 5 Slaty Creek receives a bunch of weather in the worst possible way. We give up on the idea of standing in the water and watching our sluice make a break for it downstream and decide to give crevicing a go. We also meet up with a viewer who may or may not be on this forum, hello Haydos G if you are here. Also I trip and Dunky laughs like it's the funniest thing that's ever happened.

It kinda was.

Dunky's thumbnail in it's entirety smile

1565446272_67801972_1329684813845252_6600736590689992704_n.jpg

4 users like this post: Billy, Hard Luck, Aussiedigs, goldinbrisbane

Wheremuhgoldat
12 August 2019 09:39 pm

We finally hit 100 subscribers!

Here's a quick video to thank everyone that has subbed because it genuinely means a lot to us and we couldn't be happier smile

Panny's thumbnail in its entirety

1565606330_tumbnail_100.jpg

1 user likes this post: Billy

Wheremuhgoldat
14 August 2019 10:39 pm

Back again, I seriously can't stop panning, thinking of panning and dreaming about panning. Here's another video we did, it's a short 3 minute one smile

Dunky's thumbnail (I think it's a cracking good pic).

1565782757_quick_solo_trip.jpg

1 user likes this post: Billy

Wheremuhgoldat
18 August 2019 10:35 pm

Part 6 in our Search for Gold,

We find the most gold we've ever found! We find an area that just keeps on turning up colour. Even with the torrential downpour we have a fantastic time.

Panny's (Dunky) great thumbnail

1566128097_received_2356673161246276.jpg

2 users like this post: Goldpin Prospecting, Hard Luck

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site