GPZ7000: Info, Tips, Finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes there is one in kal but if you ring your local dealer most times they put in mail for u express or not and get it sent to the nearest post office and they keep it there for pick up for a month ,with out a po box, i did it in meekathara i highly recommend reeds prospecting over that way

The minilab store in Kal has everything you might break. They have all sorts of things like GPS units etc as well.
We left a few bob there recently !!

GT :) :money: :money:

Mine has lines down the screen...has for 12 months or so but still ticking along nicely.
They take a hiding.

madtuna said:
Mine has lines down the screen...has for 12 months or so but still ticking along nicely.
They take a hiding.
Same thing!....one nice black line down the right side of the screen.
Still working so can wait until the end of the season to get sent away for repair :)

Why is my Z making this constant noise? Have tried a full reset, different battery, unplugged all the leads and checked. nothing has made any difference.
All thoughts appreciated.

Have added a video to youtube but i can't post the link due to restrictions on this account.

Please search Youtube for "GPZ 7000 noise" by dgelae.

Have you tried removing the skid plate and cleaned it, if you've used it in damp conditions it might have some dirt build up between the skid plate and the coil itself.

Edit to add Darrins video:

Darrin said:
Why is my Z making this constant noise? Have tried a full reset, different battery, unplugged all the leads and checked. nothing has made any difference.
All thoughts appreciated.

Have added a video to youtube but i can't post the link due to restrictions on this account.

Please search Youtube for "GPZ 7000 noise" by dgelae.
It's EMI mate.
Looks like you're in your backyard?
You'll need to get out of town away from EMI sources such as phone lines, power lines, radio frequency etc.
You can tune the GPZ so it's useable near power lines but suburbia will be too much for it.

I did wonder if that was it. I have run it at home before though with no worries. Will change location to see if it helps.
Thanks Mbasko

Almost definitely EMI...Had same issue when I first got mine. Headed out into middle of cricket/footy oval and it quietened down a heap...was still in suburbia but was then able to run smooth enough. It ran/runs infinitely better in the gold fields. Try big clear space away from houses and power lines should give you peace of mind your GPZ is fine. Good luck!

Hi guys,
Newbie here using my dads 7000. Bit overwhelmed with the settings and have been just sticking to what it was set up on when purchased. Detecting around the VIC Golden triangle, dunolly and Talbot mostly. Any tips or hints with settings would be really appreciated.
Also is there any one who runs workshops or classes with training for the 7000 around victoria?
Thanks, Eliza.

Good morning Eliza.

Dads 7000 - youre very lucky ;)

The 7000 is actually pretty simple with some basic settings covering a good range of targets.

Ground Mode = Difficult.

Gold Mode = General.

Audio smoothing = Off.

Sensitivity = turn it up until the Threshold gets scratchy and turn it back 1 or 2 points.

Noise cancel the machine.

Ground balance the machine in Semi-Auto over the Ferrite with the Quik Trak button held in. After it makes no noise over the Ferrite you could then pump the coil a few times without the Quik Trak button held in.

Difficult/General will get very small targets right up to the ounce plus stuff at depth.

Using High Yield will help on the very small targets.

Normal will help on most targets but also may increase the ground noise you hear and drive you balmy.

The mineralisation of the ground you are working and the general size of the gold in the area will dictate your settings choices but the combo of General/Difficult is a safe place to start and will handle mineralisation, ignore most hot rocks and provide a good coverage of different sized pieces of gold at different depths.

And dig everything unless you are over a rubbish dump!

Hope that helps and best of luck :Y:

Thank you Northeast,
Haha yes I think I've been attempting to use it more than he has.
Heading out tomorrow to dunolly so I'll follow all of the above and see how I go.
Really appreciated the reply.
Thanks, Eliza.

Latest posts