⭐ Gold Detecting Show'n Tell

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got out yesty for a day,the boss gave me a lessen on detecting,45 with elite coil-0,gpz-12grms,biggest bit 8.5,shes starting to make a habit of it to.....
1564793472_2992bf7a-fb99-4fcb-a40d-b3b067c4f555.jpg

Hey guys, hope youre all doing well and out there doing what you love. Got a break in the weather on the way up to the mother in Laws in Bendigo. Thought id pop into Chewton up near Castlemaine on my way and picked up this bad little fella sadly couldnt find his big brother. Small piece is my .11g I found at creswick I dont have scales but Im thinking one on the left has to be close to a G in weight
1564907894_a4af0d8f-33f6-47fa-858a-5ae2ce9a792b.jpg

Goldchaser1 said:
20xwater said:

Top stuff 20x,you must be over the moon,congrats....
Cheers mate, I once owned an sdc and you would think that with the monster I would have pumped the coil to ground balance it the same. I just simply forgot and put up with beeps and noise all day lmao.
Spent a couple of hours digging a big hole chasing noises lmao. the pan said gold is there so I knew something was definitely wrong lmao

Hi Folks,

Went for a swing with the SDC in one of the local creeks for an hour or so yesterday afternoon. Heck of a lot of ground turned over recently with numerous digs down to bedrock. I reckon there would be a few crook backs after all that work. Looks like a team of prospectors have spent the recent school holidays digging like crazy. Pity they didnt repair the country theyd turned over. Hopefully the next big flood will bring it back to normal. Lots of evidence of sampling along the edge of the creek. One hole that theyd left open was cut into the clay material I was looking for. Couldnt help myself, had to drop the coil into the hole. It was a shame that they didnt dig an extra 6. Nice faint little signal for a chunky picker. Even the flogged areas still turn up the odd piece.

Cheers

Les
1564955811_8fd4a7de-8f5d-4b6c-835e-8c799b60c47b.jpg

1564955832_0a54a4c1-a233-4f80-add7-8b7e2d2c27d9.jpg

Went for another swing back out Chewton today, same spot as yesterday. No gold however but cleaned out some lead and assortments. I could not get the machine to stay quiet today. Possibly wet clay? Couldnt balance it out. Tried messing around with my RX and Stability using setting others have used with the NF 12 coil
1564988566_236d65e9-ffa9-4af3-bcc7-b06a54c2d2d8.jpg

Cheers Chewy, so question for you gentleman. The gold goes from one side of the quarts through the host rock and slightly protrudes on the rear..

My Q do you guys think I should leave her as a speci or remove the host rock and have just the gold?

Regards Chris

Latest posts