Toyota Land Cruiser Museum.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I love the 70 Series, I had a 1988 swb 4 cylinder that was an Automatic I wish I had kept it but it had piston slap when I bought it but it worked out to expensive to rebuild at the time But I want either a 80's/90's Troopy or the four door version of the one I had, Mine was The Metallic Red one which is called Red Mica from memory, The front of mine was the same as this one and and it was the same Colour so hopefully I can find a 4 Door version over here for sale,

1564949504_the-fj-company-1990-jt1v0lj7708000216-red-before_001.jpg

got told an interesting story on Saturday night by a guy who just come off a minesite in the NT.
They have a few 78/79 series L/Cs imported from Saudi Arabia (apparently they got em cheap) with V6 engines (some have the V8), left hand drive & not ADR compliant so they cant be used on public roads - minesite vehicles only.

Yeah I can see why they made them illegal to use on public roads because I drove a Big 1967 Dodge Power Wagon Duel Cab and I think it was the only time I ever wanted to give any vehicle back to the owner, The things that were worrying was passing parked cars and passing on coming vehicles, Over here they are legal and in most of the EU they drive on the right so it works out fine but here on streets that were made to fit Skinny 1950's / 1960's width cars Big left hand drive vehicles are a nightmare.