working on a old style 3 head stamper

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
thinking of making a 3 head stamp battery ( rock crusher ) just getting steel together at the moment and maybe a reinforced old trailer as i want it to be portable with a water feed for the dust it will be only a primary crusher to get big stones like a foot size chunks of quartz down to say finger nail size then thinking of 2 roller mills to crush it even finer to dust. then run it threw a sluice or blue bowl recovery circuit if i can fit it all onto the trailer just idea's id like to make soon. will keep you updated on progress. gotta find a trailer first then go from there.

I made jaw crusher with 2 sets of rollers,the rollers work well,but need to do a bit maintaince on the jaws at the moment.

When the weather improves will get back to doing a bit of crushing. :goldpan:

I have a lot of respect for you HTY, however I'm not too sure this is a wise idea.

Stamper batteries are normally mounted on a BIG SOLID concrete pad.

Often this is the only thing left in the bush from previous mining operations a century or two ago.

The forces of inertia created by the stampers have devastating effects on the rock AND anything supporting those batteries.

All of the forces in play would wreak havoc on the trailer and with the suspension and pneumatic tyres the stamping effect would be dampened.

Those forces would be opposing one another.

A very solid trailer could be made, and have hydraulic feet like crane trucks have but to make it solid enough would more than likely put the cost through the roof.

Very good to see enthusiasm though.

thedigger said:
I made jaw crusher with 2 sets of rollers,the rollers work well,but need to do a bit maintaince on the jaws at the moment.

When the weather improves will get back to doing a bit of crushing. :goldpan:

Hi digger,was just wondering what you meant by a jaw crusher with 2 sets of rollers?

Latest posts