Conqueror 490

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
Excellent ?

Redfin after near 6 weeks up to the pilbara and other country south im pretty impressed with it so far,we did alot of remote backroads and dragged it into the pilbara hills a bit,it has handled it all with ease,few more little improvements here and there more for personal preference really,nothing major.
The front panels suffered a fair bit of damage from rocks (new panels later this week) due to my mudflaps not being up to the job and we just had some shadecloth across the front of the camper that didnt protect it very well,just bit the bullet and ordered a stone stomper,thatll fix that problem,the more we use it the more where liking it,starting to think we could take it near anywhere as long as it fits through the scrub.....

Got a tour of Daves van a few days ago, and of all the vans I see dragged over here each year this would be by far the most capable by a long shot. Very impressive!

Just as impressive is the redone electrics and panel, not to mention the little mods here and there. :Y:

madtuna said:
Got a tour of Daves van a few days ago, and of all the vans I see dragged over here each year this would be by far the most capable by a long shot. Very impressive!

Just as impressive is the redone electrics and panel, not to mention the little mods here and there. :Y:

We gave the mini bar a torture test. :D

Yep...how I made it back to the homestead I'll never know.
Stripped off and tiptoed in to the bedroom, ever so gently crawled into bed and cuddled up to my wife. About then I remembered I'm not married. Wasn't my wife...wasn't my homestead.

madtuna said:

Capable of handling the conditions, fully set up to suit the users needs at a fraction of the cost of new price :Y: :Y: :Y:

Ridge Runner said:
Here's the Review on the Conqueror UEV - 440 model from March 2018,

hope you don't mind me posting the link here, GC.

J.

https://expeditionportal.com/field-tested-conqueror-uev-440/

No probs that was a good read RR,hanging around the conqueror stand at perth 4x4 show last year i had a good look at the 440,actually tried to talk the boss into maybe going that way oneday,i liked it,bit more compact then the 490 but she wanted the bigger one,i just do what im told. :D
Id say the US distributior is head and shoulders above the mob in oz,well hopefully,alot of bad reviews on the oz mob,they had a cape york 490 there,show special was about $80k,or a touch less,i remember the rep saying in conversation we could buy one on a payment plan,i wasnt keen but asked him the details on it,you start paying it off more or less but you dont receive the unit until its fully paid for,in other words while your saving for one you put the $$$ into there bank account,i said ill get back to ya on that mate. :lol:

Goldchaser1 said:
Ridge Runner said:
Here's the Review on the Conqueror UEV - 440 model from March 2018,

hope you don't mind me posting the link here, GC.

J.

https://expeditionportal.com/field-tested-conqueror-uev-440/

No probs that was a good read RR,hanging around the conqueror stand at perth 4x4 show last year i had a good look at the 440,actually tried to talk the boss into maybe going that way oneday,i liked it,bit more compact then the 490 but she wanted the bigger one,i just do what im told. :D
Id say the US distributior is head and shoulders above the mob in oz,well hopefully,alot of bad reviews on the oz mob,they had a cape york 490 there,show special was about $80k,or a touch less,i remember the rep saying in conversation we could buy one on a payment plan,i wasnt keen but asked him the details on it,you start paying it off more or less but you dont receive the unit until its fully paid for,in other words while your saving for one you put the $$$ into there bank account,i said ill get back to ya on that mate. :lol:

I can see why you have put so much effort in to it, At first I saw it as just another Camper Trailer But the more I have read about them they are way way more than that as the Guy in that link said they got it for having a few weeks away But if I read that right they spent about 3 years living in it, There are not many Trailers that you can do that with except a proper Caravans or an RV, But when it comes to Inland Travel I think that they would not work as well in a Bush environment compared to the Conqueror Series,

Id want something a bit bigger if we were travelling fulltime RR,a single bloke might be ok but a couple im not sure,extended trips the 490 is good but fulltime is another thing.....