QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
Aussiedigs said:
Smoky bandit said:
Getting off topic gents :(

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6115_24ddf78b-893e-4d48-abbf-7116a9d181b5.jpg

Personally ive never had an issue with a little off topic.
Haha coz you havnt been here long enough..It won't be long.l :)

Yeah i know what you are saying, just that sometimes with no off topic there is little or no posts. Id rather a little OT to read than nothing at all. At least the pics of Axel are in company of the QED and out in the field.

:Y:

1564527758_5cb19fcf-04f9-4946-bdc4-2cc1d7633359.jpg

Aussiedigs said:
Smoky bandit said:
Aussiedigs said:
Smoky bandit said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...6115_24ddf78b-893e-4d48-abbf-7116a9d181b5.jpg

Yeah i know what you are saying, just that sometimes with no off topic there is little or no posts. Id rather a little OT to read than nothing at all. At least the pics of Axel are in company of the QED and out in the field.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7758_5cb19fcf-04f9-4946-bdc4-2cc1d7633359.jpg
Mate I love to go off topic.
My post was not aimed at you :)
I've been jumped on a few times for off topic posts..
It was just me having a dig at the ON topic nuts :lol: :p
Nice pic by the way :Y:

Smoky bandit said:
Aussiedigs said:
Smoky bandit said:
Aussiedigs said:
Smoky bandit said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7758_5cb19fcf-04f9-4946-bdc4-2cc1d7633359.jpg

Actually If anyone is to Blame It is My Fault because It was me who first moved the focus to the QED and the Dog. Because the mood needed lightening as it was getting a bit personal between a couple of valued members, :( :( :(

Smoky bandit said:
Aussiedigs said:
Smoky bandit said:
Aussiedigs said:
Smoky bandit said:

Hey Smokey all good mate. Wasnt taking offence! :Y:

Sorry kicksome, but I don't think I am allowed to discuss future developments without Howard's approval. He will most likely announce his intentions on the AEGPForum, if he has not already done so.

Aussiedigs said:
Ridge Runner said:
Group Hug,

I am more worried about that Doggie finding his Bone 8.( :( :brokenh:

Dont worry about Axe, he does real good. Hes had a good feed on roo poo!

Strange behavior that. There was a little Australian Terrier up the road from where I lived as a kid, that used to follow me around whenever I was riding a horse around the streets. It would follow happily behind just waiting for the horse to deliver a hot steaming pile, then it would happily chow-down and set about demolishing the lot. It used to turn my stomach so badly that I had to Gee-up the neddy and try to lose the disgusting little critter before he'd finished eating.

Anyway, back on topic. Great Work/results Reg and James. Some lovely pics there of some very nice looking Gold :Y:
Looks like the QED is an awesome detector.

Interfacion Pty Ltd is pleased to announce that the QED has been modified to allow the use of DD (double D) and CC (Concentric Coplanar) coils. This change involves a simple change to the electronics within the control box.
The firmware has also been upgraded to include a further improved Ground Balance.
All detectors being delivered to new customers from Monday 5th August 2019 will already have the above upgrades included.
As a show of commitment to all QED owners, the hardware modification to allow use of the DD and CC coils will be provided at no cost.
Of course and as per the QED warranty, the firmware update is provided free of charge, except for P&H.
Any QED owner who plans to attend the Laanecoorie Bash is encouraged to bring their detector along and have it upgraded at no cost.
Standard postage and handling arrangements apply to other owners. Send via Australia Post the box (minus batteries) along with a pre-paid, pre-addressed bag/box to:
Interfacion Pty Ltd
PO Box 106R
Redan VIC 3350
Howard Rockey
Director Interfacion Pty Ltd.

I've gotta say, I don't own a QED but their customer commitment and after sales service seems exemplary. Most other detector companies I'm sure, would come out with all the upgrades in a new model, along with a new higher price, and an immediate lowering in value of the earlier model/s. Impressive indeed :Y:

To all wanting info about the latest QED updates:
1) the new ground balance is just that, a completely new method of performing the GB. All with the same physical circuitry, with a more advanced method of GB being performed via the software/firmware.
The changes you will see are the range of MGB is now 1 - 300, with the factory preset at 150.
The GB is still performed in the same way as before, as is the AGB method.
2) The values of a few QED electronics components have changed, which has enabled the QED to accept DD and CC coils. This has greatly expanded the use of the QED and it is now able to use all of the latest coil designs (i.e. concentric coils).
It should be noted that the QED accepts these coils without having to select via a switch selection the type of coil your using (DD or CC or Mono) as is the case with other detectors

1565779338_5689e04a-dcf3-4cb3-990d-400c8b9d48e1.jpg

Sorry if this has been asked before...
Is it known if there are any future plans for usb to be incorperated into the control box to allow updates by user at home?
It would sure save a lot of time and mucking about with postage etc... not to mention time of the maker spent doing free updating for no profit. Would be much easier for him to just upload the new firmware to internet for 10 minutes or whatever, the bang!!! All machine updating work by him is done and back to making more units and $$$$
And it would help for any international release of the machine also.
Seems like it would be win win for everybody..
I am very keen to buy one, but this is an issue for me (not a dealbreaker, but has influence on my choice).
Thanks,
Jason

hippyhunter said:
Sorry if this has been asked before...
Is it known if there are any future plans for usb to be incorperated into the control box to allow updates by user at home?
It would sure save a lot of time and mucking about with postage etc... not to mention time of the maker spent doing free updating for no profit. Would be much easier for him to just upload the new firmware to internet for 10 minutes or whatever, the bang!!! All machine updating work by him is done and back to making more units and $$$$
And it would help for any international release of the machine also.
Seems like it would be win win for everybody..
I am very keen to buy one, but this is an issue for me (not a dealbreaker, but has influence on my choice).
Thanks,
Jason

Jason, best to contact Howard directly and express your concerns. I wouldnt let it be a deal breaker though. Upgrades arent compulsory but its better than having to sell then buy a later improved model. You dont have to send the whole detector back. One screw, disconnect the coil and less than $20 return within the week. Small price for free upgrades.

Latest posts