SDC2300 Accessories

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Since purchasing the 4500, I haven't used the SDC a whole lot, it mostly gets used when the Mrs comes out with me for the day.
I took it for a spin the other day to a spot where i have found gold with the 4500, and managed to rescue two babies at 0.11 and 0.05.

I use ear bud headphones and just connect them straight into the adapter lead. The pain of this set up came flooding back and I instantly felt sorry for the better half. So the other day I bought a curly lead for $10 from Jaycar... oh what a relief! This is probably a no brainer to most SDC users, and I don't why I didn't do it sooner.

I also had a quick think about a booster, as the SDC can sound a bit faint at times. Wasn't up for a $300 Bluetooth test run, bit of a waste if I didn't like it.
Bought the Fiio A1 mini amp for $38 delivered. Definitely makes the SDC a LOT louder, but it does have a slight high pitched background noise if you crank it up. It"s probably not enough to bother me, but it may bother some. It has some equalizer options built in which does lessen the noise without altering the SDC tone too much.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there in case anyone else is considering some accessories for the SDC :)
1563942154_screenshot_20190724-135114.jpg
1563942177_screenshot_20190724-135034.jpg

Its just amazing how sensitive the sdc is and the size of the pieces it can pick up . I picked up these last weekend in a heavily gone over area but the sdc still managed to find them , some dont register on my scales . The volume is something that definitely needs a boost but I love the way the chatter goes quiet and the signal volume gos up at dusk it brings the machine alive and you can find the tinyest pieces. Booney
1564359507_c34e734f-092a-43a9-9507-d2273834a272.jpg

Mate give the Fiio thingy a try, online for $40... cheap test if you don't like it :) :Y:

Latest posts