You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

TX850
27 July 2019 06:48 pm

Chinese gold detector, Tianxun. I'd like to know something on this TX850 G2 machine.

I bought this metal detector over the eBay. They claim it to be set specifically for gold detecting. I got it cheap, direct from China. So far I didn't get a chance to try it in the field for gold detecting, but home made air-trials are so far coming out to be good. Did anyone purchase this model, too? Does anyone have any experience with it in the field? So far, I see very little about this TX850-G2 detector on YouTube. I just got it short time ago. I purchased also one 5" mono coil, and one 15" * 12" DD style extra coils for it, arrived just last week. The 5" is for sensitivity on very fine nuggets, and the 12" * 15" for deep nugget detecting. The machine herself came with 8" * 12" coil.

Dave79
27 July 2019 06:57 pm

Good luck. sounds like a trap.

Prospecting must be like fishing, the big one keeps getting away!

Ded Driver
27 July 2019 06:58 pm

these are just another cheap Chinese VLF detector. Better used for simple coin & jewellery/relic hunting. It wont be very good on mineralised ground, where most gold comes from.

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

savage bitter
27 July 2019 08:09 pm

yep wasted your money

Ridge Runner
27 July 2019 08:31 pm

He's not here to talk about it He is here to try and sell them, He hasn't bought anything this is just away they try to advertise their products for free,

I hope one of the Mods delete this thread Soon.

Dig em all,

4 users like this post: nucopia, mbasko, Rockhound, CreviceSucker

HoudiniHarry
27 July 2019 08:57 pm

TX850 wrote:

Chinese gold detector, Tianxun. I'd like to know something on this TX850 G2 machine.

I bought this metal detector over the eBay. They claim it to be set specifically for gold detecting. I got it cheap, direct from China. So far I didn't get a chance to try it in the field for gold detecting, but home made air-trials are so far coming out to be good. Did anyone purchase this model, too? Does anyone have any experience with it in the field? So far, I see very little about this TX850-G2 detector on YouTube. I just got it short time ago. I purchased also one 5" mono coil, and one 15" * 12" DD style extra coils for it, arrived just last week. The 5" is for sensitivity on very fine nuggets, and the 12" * 15" for deep nugget detecting. The machine herself came with 8" * 12" coil.

Why would you buy a chinese detector knock off. Seriously

HH

Having a great time searching for gold....
GPX4500

aussiefarmer
27 July 2019 09:47 pm

You are probably the only person who bought one , thats why you cant find anything about it.

When it comes to gold detecting there is no point buying anything but one of the 3 major brands. Case closed....

Wish in one hand and poo in the other , See which one fills up first !

1 user likes this post: nucopia

nucopia
27 July 2019 10:03 pm

poop poop poop

every day is an adventure
NAPFA Member

1 user likes this post: CreviceSucker

TX850
27 July 2019 10:38 pm

Ridge Runner wrote:

He's not here to talk about it He is here to try and sell them, He hasn't bought anything this is just away they try to advertise their products for free,

Are you out of your mind? Why would I advertise ANYTHING?! And especially for free? I just wish to know if anyone also bought this, and whatever else on its performance in the field, since I plan to go detecting pretty soon. You are just plainly malicious mate. Maybe you just don't like my nick. Well. That's a different matter. I like it, so I use it, plain and simple. And. Not everyone is rich enough to buy expensive staff. So I got what I could afford.

TX850
27 July 2019 10:49 pm

aussiefarmer wrote:

You are probably the only person who bought one , thats why you cant find anything about it.

When it comes to gold detecting there is no point buying anything but one of the 3 major brands. Case closed....

I agree. This could be the case, that I'm the only one here who bought it, as I can see. But, as I mentioned already earlier, somewhere else. I got what I could afford. And. I didn't know this is a knock off when I bought this, so I got what I got. I like it though. So far, on the air test works nice. Surely will not work just as fine in the field. But, for starters, it will have to do I think. And. One of the major brands is, unfortunately well outside of my financial ability.

TX850
27 July 2019 11:01 pm

Ded Driver wrote:

these are just another cheap Chinese VLF detector. Better used for simple coin & jewellery/relic hunting. It wont be very good on mineralised ground, where most gold comes from.

Thank you for concrete answer. This is what I'm also afraid of. But, I tried it on the ground in the area where I live. Here are red soils, highly mineralized, but it balances well so far. Maybe it will do for sometime, till I can afford something better. It is 19 Khz machine. So not that far from the Minlab with its 22 Khz, I think. Maybe I'm wrong here. I'm new in this field, and try to find out how much and what I can. smile

7.62marksman
27 July 2019 11:13 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 2.5m depth "just my opinion" i find that very hard to believe a lot of the top of the range detectors would not do that
mate in a nut shell you have been had pure and simple i am sorry to say ops ops ops ops ops ops

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Wishfull

Ded Driver
27 July 2019 11:29 pm

VLFs can 'air test' to big numbers .... but as soon as you put it over any ground that number drops a lot. A good unit can find big targets at substantial depth, but in mild ground .. ie farmland soils.
TX850, either way, these cheap units are not suitable for serious gold hunting

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

1 user likes this post: Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner
27 July 2019 11:59 pm

TX850 wrote:
Ridge Runner wrote:

Are you out of your mind? Why would I advertise ANYTHING?! And especially for free? I just wish to know if anyone also bought this, and whatever else on its performance in the field, since I plan to go detecting pretty soon. You are just plainly malicious mate. Maybe you just don't like my nick. Well. That's a different matter. I like it, so I use it, plain and simple. And. Not everyone is rich enough to buy expensive staff. So I got what I could afford.

No I am not, It's just that your post reads like so many that we see on many forums from people from china and asia and when you have been here long enough you will see what I mean and I think you will find that we all buy what we can afford.

So many people get caught out when buying detectors from china even other members here, It's not about what you can afford, It's more about trusting any thing that comes from china because they copy and fake everything and many of those fakes do not work which is why none of us are impressed by these Chinese detectors If you can safely call them that,

Only thing you need to remember is that even the very best VLF Machines can struggle in Australian Soil and for a detector to be able to see down 2.5 metres it would have to be one of the very best ones on the market and even then I doubt that they could do it on anything less than the size of a family car, So don't go building up your hopes, If it works on surface finds then it should be ok for things maybe in the top 5 or 6 inches, And if it does work then you have Dodged a Bullet and been very lucky.

Dig em all,

1 user likes this post: Wishfull

steelPHASE
28 July 2019 09:36 am

Unfortunately you have purchased a counterfeit Teknetics G2 / Fisher Gold Bug DP (generally fitted with Garrett coils). It will work but not near the performance of an original machine.

Manufacturers of the sP01 Enhancer as well as other high quality prospecting accessories

5 users like this post: Retirement Stone, Nightjar, Ridge Runner, Ded Driver, grubstake

Aussiedigs
28 July 2019 09:41 am

Its a copy of a Teknetics G2

https://md-hunter.com/tag/tx-850/

Treat it as such and save up for a real detector.

QED PL2, trim, taught and terrific!

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Ded Driver

nesral
28 July 2019 10:35 am

TX850 wrote:

Id'e like to know how the performance of this detector is, since you have one perhaps you would be kind enough to tell us what you think once you have had a chance to test it for a while ...... thank you.

TX850
28 July 2019 08:55 pm

nesral wrote:
TX850 wrote:

Id'e like to know how the performance of this detector is, since you have one perhaps you would be kind enough to tell us what you think once you have had a chance to test it for a while ...... thank you.

Sure I will. Just as soon as I get to goldfields. Probably around Clermont and/or Charters Towers. I hope to be there sometime within a fortnight or so. smile

TX850
28 July 2019 09:09 pm

Aussiedigs wrote:

... yourlink... smile

Thank you Aussiedigs. Now I know what I'm standing on. I'll post here more about its performance ones I'll try it out in the field. Soon, I hope. smile

1 user likes this post: Aussiedigs

Aussiedigs
28 July 2019 09:31 pm

TX850 wrote:
Aussiedigs wrote:

... yourlink... smile

Thank you Aussiedigs. Now I know what I'm standing on. I'll post here more about its performance ones I'll try it out in the field. Soon, I hope. smile

Im only new to all this myself and unfortunately bought a counterfeit Gold Bug Pro. I got a full refund before it even arrived yet still have the detector. I couldnt get it to shut up in the soil i detect so went the PI route. Have never looked back.

Mate, keep it for a bit of relic hunting and for others to play with and get the real deal whether a VLF or PI.

1 user likes this post: Wishfull

Reg Wilson
20 August 2019 01:00 pm

aussie farmer, you refer to the three major brands as the only ones to consider. Which are these brands?

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

savage bitter
20 August 2019 11:06 pm

good stuff now this will turn into a reg qed rant thumbsdown

Aussiedigs
21 August 2019 10:23 am

savage bitter wrote:

good stuff now this will turn into a reg qed rant thumbsdown

It was a fair question.

People have the right to know there is at least one other serious option beyond the so called “three”.

Smoky bandit
21 August 2019 10:33 am

Minelab ..QED...Garrett...would be the correct order as well...
Is there another option ops sad

No pain No gain..

Reg Wilson
21 August 2019 11:41 am

Settle down savage bitter. I believe I have the experience and the 'figures on the board' to express my opinion, which is that there are now 4 brands of detectors with proven gold finding abilities on the market. There are many factors to consider when deciding on a detector to suit each individual. What suits you may not suit others.
Maybe you drive a Ford and would never contemplate driving another brand. That does not mean all other cars are inferior to Ford, but simply means you like your Ford. "Different strokes for different folks".

Walmer Central Victoria
Began detecting 1979 Best colour 3Kgs Best patch 340 ozs.

2 users like this post: 2lateagain, Aussiedigs

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site