People losing precious stones after purchase

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the last two days I have met two people who have picked up expensive stone on the side of the footpath in Rubyvale. One stone was a 4+ct green sapphire in its purchase bag, I saw the stone, beautiful; the other was a large skin polished sapphire, wire wrapped, laying in the grass beside the footpath. Other stories of young kids finding cut stone and crystals in the gutters beside the road.

My advice > have a special place to put purchases, not in pockets that contain car keys or small change for the washing machine. It makes me wonder how a person must feel when the stone that was purchased for a special purpose does not turn up.

I would spin out.

Agree , Pat.

Jewellery tends to be bundled up in small bags or tiny string closed gift type satchels . At least the stuff i have bought has.
I bought a heap of earrings that were wrapped in a small white paper bag and they went awol when i went to put them in. Searched all my cars and turned the house upside down. About 3 years` later they appeared in a cupboard. So hard to see when the bag was about 30mm x 50mm.

FOZ

Latest posts