QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to keep an eye on the future updates of the QED, I'm keen to see what is added to it. I see it as a good value upgrade for myself one day down the track after only just starting out in prospecting with buying an old minelab sd2000.

kicksome said:
I'm going to keep an eye on the future updates of the QED, I'm keen to see what is added to it. I see it as a good value upgrade for myself one day down the track after only just starting out in prospecting with buying an old minelab sd2000.

Join that faccebook group then youll get notified first hand re updates. Howard has some changes to the Ground Balancing in the works. Also someone will more than likely post updates here.

1562755708_ca7d44f4-70ef-4665-90b6-99b08dd97fd9.jpg

Aussiedigs said:
kicksome said:

Join that faccebook group then youll get notified first hand re updates. Howard has some changes to the Ground Balancing in the works. Also someone will more than likely post updates here.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...5708_ca7d44f4-70ef-4665-90b6-99b08dd97fd9.jpg

I did see a few of your posts on there the other day Alan, I like the updates you do :)

kicksome said:
Aussiedigs said:
kicksome said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...5708_ca7d44f4-70ef-4665-90b6-99b08dd97fd9.jpg

I did see a few of your posts on there the other day Alan, I like the updates you do :)

Thanks mate, these brilliant machines deserve exposure from someone starting out so others can see that these are an easy machine to operate. Everything is straightforward and commonsense.

Im quite amazed at how many are in my general area. Great to see.

I get how you feel. But if you sign up as an alias and stay out of the mainstream crap its no different to being a member of any particular forum. Thats how i do it.

There are some updates/improvements in the works. As they arise ill post them here.

So you have started another one. eh. ?
The reason why this section in PA exists is a lot of folks
don't like Farcebook.
And it is for our members.

Plus we Mod's have control if some thing goes wrong.

Tathradj said:
don't like Farcebook.

And you have a problem with this eh evident by your post?

Thanks for your concern but there is admin and moderation there if something does go wrong so i wouldnt let that trouble you. Actually it is more civil on the Facebook group than what it has been here in the past. People will steer clear when there is angst projected at them.

Plenty of people access Facebook and the QED group is proving a popular means of info where professional help can be provided.

Regards.

Umm... I think if a Mod or Mods here had issue with your post then it wouldn't still be here? :N:
They're sailing close to the wind (as are other recent posts) of the forum rules "Posts which appear to have been made with the sole intention of advertising or self promotion will be removed without notice."
This forum has long supported the QED in a more than fair manner & while any help here isn't professional (no payment for assistance) it is truthful, accurate & given freely with good intention.

No offense intended.
We run a tight ship in here and if any one does not
contribute constructively or makes a dick out of
themselves,
No need to say anymore.
I own a QeD and am very fond of it.
Not to mention protective within the rules of this forum.

Aussiedigs said:
Tathradj said:
don't like Farcebook.

And you have a problem with this eh evident by your post?

Thanks for your concern but there is admin and moderation there if something does go wrong so i wouldnt let that trouble you. Actually it is more civil on the Facebook group than what it has been here in the past. People will steer clear when there is angst projected at them.

Plenty of people access Facebook and the QED group is proving a popular means of info where professional help can be provided.

Regards.

Just a quick question everyone: I've managed to find myself a second hand QED that im purchasing but it hasn't been updated to the latest level, therefore it doesnt have the mode 16 which is the beach mode. Could anyone tell me how the QED fared before the latest update and if its essential that I get it updated? I was thinking of maybe holding off for a while before I did if it works just fine
Thanks

Mode 16 isn't really needed unless you plan on doing a lot of beach detecting with the QED.
If the used price is right then you can save a fair bit as the upgrades are very cheap with the QED platform (in many cases postage costs only).
The upgrades don't take long either so if you buy it & have a couple of busy weeks coming up you could send it off for upgrades then? Possibly contact Howard with the serial number & he will tell you if he thinks it should be upgraded due to any other improvements he's done.
If the currently under trial auto ground tracking is successful then it may be better to wait until that's ready & send it in then.

Yeah I dont plan on doing any beach detecting I was just wondering if there was anything else that came with that update.

If there might be an auto ground tracking in the works then I might just hold out for that, im sure I will probably manage until then.
If I run into any trouble I'll ask on here or call up Reg, he seemed nice and im sure he wouldnt mind helping me out if I had a question or 2.

Reg Wilson said:
kicksome, give me a call any time. Advice is free, and that given by mbasko is good.

I noticed on FB reg ya told a bloke that was asking for advice on his 7000 to sell it and buy a qed,sorry if ya lost a sale but i couldnt help myself,anything for a sale hey.....
Also all your statements etc the last cuppla years that your not associated with the manufacturer or that your a independent user of this detector is a bit hard to stomach now your a dealer....
Ya cheap as chips mate,cant stand blokes like you preying on inexperienced fellas to line ya pockets,poor form reg.....

Latest posts