GP Extreme or SD2200D Secondhand. Pros & Cons?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Some opinions please on choosing a used gold detector.

Which one is the lightest to use.?

Which one would be the easiest to get the hang of?

What would you be prepared to pay?

Know of someone selling them, if I decide to buy would use at Clermont so that would be taken into consideration.

Obviously asking these questions I have never used a gold detector before.

I will take on board all the expert opinions on here.

Cheers & thanks.
GR

Have been trying to compare DD, looking at old posts , just thought I'd put it out there, get as much input as I can.
Thanks for the link.

Hi Greenriver,
I will briefely comment on the GP Extreme PI Detector as i own one. They are good in highly mineralised soils,will find small and large gold at depth,are fairly easy to use after you read the user's manual and was the first detector to use the Dual Voltage Technology (DTV) I Paid $1200.00 For mine 6 months ago but only got the one coil with it and it is 18yrs old but in great condition. The weight of my setup with 11 inch coil excluding battery is 2400g. The DD choice of coils works very well with these older machines and i like to search in tracking mode if the soil is particularly noisy like where i go otherwise search in fixed mode, Slow sweep technique works best. Good luck with your decision. Dolphin.

The extreme and 2200 had a few troubles when first released ,the last of the extremes were good ,you can fit a ground balance button to either detector and alter the battery system .Our of the 2 detectors my choice is the extreme good luck :Y:

Extreme may be slightly heavier but not by much.

The GP's have a much nicer audio compared to the Sd series, smoother threshold and sharper target response. Also a few extra tuning options which come in handy.

Sold before I made a decision Flowerpot, was gathering info & opinions, so I could decide. Money is short & even though I want a decent second hand one I don't want to buy something that I'll regret. A bit catch 22.

Latest posts