Today I MADE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1563525550_20190719_183324_resize_69.jpg

Fossiker, is that the only way you'll eat veggies?

Had a productive day in the shed today, knocked out two speedboats, one supertanker and a glider. Tail still drying on the glider, will throw up some pics tomorrow. (Needed to by wood for the glider wing only, everything else still scraps)

One brass cannon turned. Nice warm shed, cuppa soup, comfy chair and some tunes. It's good to have machines that do the work while you watch. I'm in no condition to strain and stress at the moment. Keeps my bugs away from others too. Still pretty drained though. I'll do the other one on another day.

CJWsOh4.jpg

AtOchqn.jpg

9fqriYS.jpg

48ujiX8.jpg

I came up with an inventive way to slot the cannon sections by clamping my Dremel with an end mill bit in it. Indexing achieved by working out circumference of chuck and dividing by the number of slots. Glued on an indicator needle point.

r2vYakk.jpg

irtfBfp.jpg

NMw05z1.jpg

yxqfwGJ.jpg

One cannon completed, slots all indexed in and finished to a high polish.
Started the second cannon tonight.

wJS1oQF.jpg

T3jBi8P.jpg

F8ufy65.jpg

LqLNoyD.jpg

knePMbO.jpg

In between everything else, I have slowly been building form and detail on the wings. They look a bit rough at this stage, but they get better with every session I spend on them.

qfijvJE.jpg

NLfL59A.jpg

This topic has me floored! Some of the craftsmanship on display is exceptional. Wooden toys made with love, damascus blades etched with eye catching patterns, sturdy new sheds, spice racks, someones dinner, it's all genuinely fantastic artisanal items.

I regret not having a creative bone in my body but everyone here should be proud as hell at what theyve created.

Also is that a Viper I see coming together Sandbagger?

Wheremuhgoldat said:
This topic has me floored! Some of the craftsmanship on display is exceptional. Wooden toys made with love, damascus blades etched with eye catching patterns, sturdy new sheds, spice racks, someones dinner, it's all genuinely fantastic artisanal items.

I regret not having a creative bone in my body but everyone here should be proud as hell at what theyve created.

Also is that a Viper I see coming together Sandbagger?

Which one? The one metre Viper or the 8.5 metre Viper?

Latest posts