DRONE ZONE

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Greenhornet_au said:
Looking forward to seeing your impression of it, report to come ?

With pics and vid please.

No problem GH :Y:
just give me a little while to get the hang of it first. :playful:

Will be studying the how to video on youtube and the manual tonight, so I can take it on its first test flight down the lake shore tomorrow.. :D

Lookin forward to hearing all about nucopia. I scored a fat juicy student discount after enquiring about prices with the DJI store in Melbs. They made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Literally. I mean my flabber was well blasted. So, I have a mavic 2 zoom and extra battery on it's way. Can't wait to take in that new drone smell. :D :playful:

Son and I took these from our drive way ..just took it up about 80 meters. (guessing altitude ) and took some snaps.
Looking down on our house. 12 oclock in the picture we are standing in front of the car on the front lawn :eek:
1563853564_4303ae3d-185c-4aaf-ae09-85a7647bd7ce.jpg

Here are views of the lake in different directions.
1563853473_f65570cb-f26b-4e1e-ac32-cb88006c30e3.jpg

1563853499_f285bdb2-6eaa-4623-bc63-bb2550ce16d1.jpg

1563853523_888a6c56-dd66-4158-a51b-f54e7e6444f7.jpg

Shot some vide , but still working out how to down load them from the SDC (right BW I meant micro sd :/ ) card through the ipad app and store them on my ipad ..
iPad or the app only allows photos to be saved directly to my iPad with videos its asking to share in icloud storage or share but I cant share on messenger email or youtube , because I am conected to the drone via wifi and not internet wifi ..i maight need to buy myself a sdc card reader to down load all the files and save them to my PC hard drive..
Any way its been fun so far.. :p

HThen went done the lake forshore for 15 minutes by my self and had a play around with the controls and features.

I like the take off feature hit one button and it lifts off and hovers off the ground.
1563855272_3396aa52-c21a-4da1-9169-083aea387281.jpg

Press the same button and it gently lands and switches off the motors.

Took it for a short flight and took some more pictures by using the app which Allows you see a drone eye view whilst flying.
:perfect:

1563854796_c60583f7-0799-4459-aa26-1475359ffd2f.jpg

Took this shot during its flight back in the return to home mode.
1563854894_dc865021-5800-4b7e-b00c-0b17b109c1a2.jpg

1563855127_03ba271a-96d3-4b3c-b697-5ce489adfe71.jpg

Another feature I tried was the return to home again took the drone up above the trees and about 50 meters away ,then hit the return button. It stopped the drone and it rose a little in height then slowly maneuvered its way back to where it had taken off from. Landed probably with in a half meter of its take off spot.
:clap:

Flight bateries lasts about 20<21 minutes controller batteries a lot longer not sure on an exact time. I bought 4 new rechargeable double AAs And a new charger so the AAs had to be left on charge over night. Im guessing they will hold charge longer once I have fully charged and discharged them the first cycle.

You can get a USB Dongle adapter that takes your SD card and plugs into USB in your PC

Does the drone have a micro USB port ?

Once in your PC you can save them to your I-Tunes APP, there is a folder for that, then you can upload to the IPAD, without putting them in ICloud.

It is a bit of a process because Apple WANT you to use I-Cloud, but after you have done it once or twice you can have a copy on the IPAD and the PC. :)

I hate Cloud Storage use for personal things :rolleyes:

BTW, the pics look good for the Drone price, looks like a bargain to me. :Y:

Any Cons yet ?

Yeah GH , i think I might order a card reader on line, as it will be needed when we visit the farm next month.
I Want to get photos of the farm lands the warehouse , piggery and the bee apiary.
The trusses are due to be finished this week and then the roofing sheets are going up..
When we get there , my friend Lance and I are installing security cameras and motion sensor lights and a few other gadgets.
Inwill have to buy a monitor for the security system and a desk top pc for the business ..keeping inventory and allowing me remote access as well.

Seriously I also dont like iCloud or apple always asking to sign in to an apple id bloody annoying :poop:

So far the only con i can mention is dont fly it under your patio :8
I Had mine hovering this morning no problem at 2 feet off the ground stable and was just about to take a picture when my sister in-law walked out excitedly exclaiming how great its was :rolleyes:
Almost caused me to hit the roof :awful:
:lol:
The user manual says that it can be flown indoors by utilising the inbuilt ultrasonic sensors
But first the gyroscop needs to be calibrated :8

I managed to get lucky with the weather yesterday and got the new Mavic 2 Zoom up in the air for the 1st time. The weather was that good that it was quite sunny and as a result of that and me being a newby, I didn't get a lot of usable video. I need to get some nd filters, most of the video is wayyyyyy over exposed and blown out. I just had it it in auto camera settings for the 1st flights. But I'll get into the manual settings next time and see what I can do with it. I'll try and salvage some video and throw it together probably tonite ir tomoz. Anyway Mrs Chewy suggested I make an unboxing video. (I'm still not sure if she was just taking the mickey out of me or not) but here it is anyway. Enjoy. :D [video=480,360]https://youtu.be/whCRPFWqmwk[/video]

Latest posts