What are YOU doing right NOW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ded Driver said:
yeah coal has to be handled a bit more gently, but the volume of iron ore coming in from around 250 or more wagons needs a fast unloading method. This would pulverise a lot of coal, so bottom dump is the go, although there are side-tip wagon systems (similar to side-tip semi trucks)

Not so gentle. It drops many metres into the loading bin, then falls a few more metres into the rail wagon. At the dump station it again fall several metres before hitting the conveyor belt at the bottom of the bin. Next it is dropped out the stacker. The big yellow thing in my pic above. Next it is scooped up and shot into a ship via the ship loaders. I imagine it goes through a similar process to be unloaded, stored then sent to the furnace.

LoneWolf said:
Hmmm Coal... I don't have a piece in my Collection... :koala:

Now who do I know who works with Coal... ;) :playful: :D

LW.....

LOL. In the shunting yards they had huge Braziers burning coal to keep the shunters warm. They really smelled bad. They were also many coal burning fire places in homes and businesses in the area. No wonder the air around Newy was so poor. Everyone blame Big Harry's Place but I think it was a combined effort. Apparently we have some of the "cleanest" coal in the world. Much sort after. I thought it was all one thing but there is brown coal, black coal, steaming coal etc. You want lump or powdered???? :D :lol: :playful: Newcastle is the only port in the world that offers blending services. Mostly it is done at the destination.

Keeping my mind busy . Following the country footy online and a team my cousin used to play for once , has accumulated a massive score with 30 goals kicked in the last quarter alone. One bloke kicked 21 goals . The team that got beaten was cheered off the ground by both sides of supporters for their efforts in a demoralising game .

My old local team used to get belted like this and i know how it feels.

1563702134_gw.jpg

Came across to Willow Grove for the Wild Dog Winch Challenge with Charlie and his mate Darcy for the weekend :Y: :beer: Charlie wants to turn his MQ Patrol into a winch comp vehicle :8 lucky he's got a part time job working on all things mechanical.
1564183594_img_20190727_091708.jpg

1564183617_img_20190727_092813.jpg

The pink Patrol is an all girl team :Y: doing well.

Latest posts