Tasmaniacs Trash 'N Treasure.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1558242483_rps20190519_150520.jpg

1558242512_rps20190519_150649.jpg

Few days at the park last week too. The ground is softening up nicely with a bit of rain lately. The ring is just a copper junk one.

you did very well yes the item is a candle snuffer love the predecimal coins once i get this machine have to go out again and try for some coins

Dave79 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12713/1564100331_rps20190726_101635.jpg
FUGGET!!!!! Think I've found an old army shooting range. Mighty inconsiderate of them putting it on top of a goldfield, can't even descriminate them out with the equinox and there are thousands of em all through some old workings that looked quite promising :(

I have heard a few people that litter good areas in lead and bullets to keep people away. Keep at it, you may be in a good area

These ones look like they have been here for at least a hundred years. The brass cartridge cases have corroded a fair bit. But it looks like everyone else has dug 20 holes then given up so eventually I'll clean em out and maybe even find a nugget in amongst them. At the worst I'll be able to get a couple of kilos of scrap metal pretty easily!

great to see your going well getting the equinox in october so we would have to head out again iam researching a couple of spots

For sure. Pretty tough going down here at this time of year but I'm still keen to get down to the west coast once it warms up a bit.

Dave79 said:
For sure. Pretty tough going down here at this time of year but I'm still keen to get down to the west coast once it warms up a bit.

Hey Dave

Have you had a chance to swing the Nox + 6 coil over some Gold ..?

Have picked up plenty of shotgun pellets but haven't had the chance to get down to the west coast where there is a chance to find some chunky gold yet. Am very impressed withthe6" as a relic hunter so far but yet to find any gold.

Could be, was a few household items as well as industrial/trade tools in the area. They also seemed to have a bit of a cough medicine addiction as there were cough syrup bottles everywhere. Must have been the old stuff with opium and alcohol in it :argh:

Latest posts