Creswick and surrounds Victoria information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jadedigger said:
Wow that sounds amazing, will have to have a look there!

I don't think I'll bother checking Haunted Gully then! It's a shame that there is no access/or little access to look for gold in some of those historical places!

Are most reserves off limits?

:) :rainbow:
All catchments (to start with). Not just pollution issues nowadays but also National Security.

Does anyone have an idea on the water flow there at the moment??
Looking at heading out for a day trip with nephews in 3 weeks hopefully!!
Any info would be appreciated :Y:

Let me know when your closer to the date and I'll go and check it out, there's plenty of water in sailors creek at Daylesford at the moment.
cheers db

Thanks mate :D
Never been to sailors creek....
Whats the access like there?
Its just that im bringing my sis and nephews and she isnt an off road type ;) :argh:

If you go to the picnic grounds the access is good just a dirt road but not too bad.
cheers DB

Exploration Licence in Victoria will not stop you prospecting. Just fill your holes so the company that holds the EL over the ground doesnt get the blame for non compliance. Mining Licence or prospecting licence on the other hand gives the Holder exclusive rights over the area.

Whoever wrote the text on the Earth Resources website, made it so convoluted it's hard to understand! If you can prospect on Exploration Licence areas without consent, why didn't they just put it in the section above the one it's in? I read that as you can't prospect on it, but on the other three you can with consent.

1537468576_land_access_rules.jpg

Hi All

Went to Slatey Creek yesterday to try my highbanker sluice mat as a river sluice with some success.

1537661511_img_0869-min.jpg

Ended up with .41g with the bigger bits (.05 ) sitting on the carpet at the start of the sluice.

Plenty of water in the surrounding creeks and it was a wonderful sunny day spent in the bush.

1537661709_img_0871-min.jpg

Regards Anthony. :)

Hi Anolphart

The carpet slows down the material in the water flow as you dump it in and the picker size gold sits on the carpet.
This was the first time I used the sluice mat as a river sluice so it's a bit of a learning process.

Regards Anthony.

Goldie rocks do you have anymore information on that area/ brown hill area..... Ive found a lot of very deep straight down mine shafts around that area been playing around them since Ive been a child

Hello all,

New member here, new to panning as well. This forum havs been an amazing resource so thanks for that.

We went out to the Slaty Creek campsites last Sunday and the water was flowing pretty strongly if you wanted to break the sluices out. It was our first time panning and we managed to find a teeny amount of gold and we were over the moon!

It didn't hurt that we were surrounded by some of the most beautiful scenery that this awesome country can provide.

Also I fell in many, many holes. Holes and I are very close now.

1563950459_received_330022144587394.jpg

1563950460_received_329934217953961.jpg

1563950460_received_936923953312969.jpg

1563950460_received_2577786339143018.jpg

Latest posts