Hi. There. Newb from mackay

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gidday all. So i have caught the bug... not sure whether the treasure or gold bug so i played it safe and have started out with an equinox 800 , 11 and 6 inch coils. We will probably hit the local beaches for treasure and clermont to try our luck for small gold. Hope to pick up a few tips from you all along the way. The cook had a go in the back yard and now it appears we have a gopher infestation.. :lol: might have to buy a second unit so i get a turn.

Hi milob40 you will need a second machine if you go to clermont long time between signals up there

Hi Milo, be happy to help if I can.
Ive got a few different machines you can have a play with before you shell out more cash.
Be nice to know how the nox goes on the local beaches as the At max cant cope with the black sands and hot rocks?(or should I say, I cant handle the max)
Matt.T

Ship of fools said:
Hi Milo, be happy to help if I can.
Ive got a few different machines you can have a play with before you shell out more cash.
Be nice to know how the nox goes on the local beaches as the At max cant cope with the black sands and hot rocks?(or should I say, I cant handle the max)
Matt.T
Hi matt, The nox goes really well on the beach. Very quiet even on the black sands , had to keep waving it over my scoop to make sure it was working :D only found about 4 bucks but the nomads are here, no one is swimming atm and i bet there is a few detectors on the beach. A big advantage being able to detect in the shallows which is where i found my loot. I was digging one target 2 feet down in wet sand came in as 22 on the dial and up popped a $2 coin. Havent tried the 6 inch coil yet but i am going to clermont to look for some gold next month.

Nice work, I have never found a huge amount on any of the popular beaches.
Ill send an email with my contact details and give you a little reference material on local historical sites (where some houses used to be).
Matt T

Thanks matt , that would be good. I think the local beaches are only good in peak swimming season. Every nomad from south of the border is up atm with plenty of spare detecting time on their hands. Had an old minelab musketeer . Its an ornament in the shed now. Used to sound like a bloody car alarm if i took it anywhere near the salt.

I've sent an Email with my phone number if you want to meet or chat.
I've been told I don't mind a chat! And if the topic is Gold and Copper and Pearls, Well!
Matt T

Ok I've sent another, If that doesn't make it you need to get 10 posts up and private messaging withing the forum becomes available.
Matt T

Latest posts