I'm Back And Have Some Great Finds!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tailormarc said:
Wally69 said:
:cool: lover the button.

The rounded end on the axe is unusual, has it been forged that way or is that from being hit by a hammer a lot ?

I wonder if that is a corking tool, for pushing tarred flax in between boat hull boards for waterproofing ????

Cheers, yep forged that way and almost sharp. We think it might of been used for shoe making or leather work

I would be keen to see it restored, is that likely ?

just starting said:
tailormarc said:
Took the day off work yesterday to get tax done and headed out for a swing after wards and found these beauties...
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48248991166_321f1c0951_c.jpg1908 horse cart Rego plate by Marc Russo, on Flickr

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/48249073602_5b03366bac_c.jpg1908 horse cart Rego plate by Marc Russo, on Flickr

Did you find a pair of them ,when you said you found " these " ?

You are digging up some good stuff TAILORMARC. I look forward to seeing what you get from your next hunt.

Well done , mate.

FOZ

Cheers mate, sorrry only the one but i have found a total now of 6 horse cart plates now :)

Wally69 said:
tailormarc said:
Wally69 said:
:cool: lover the button.

The rounded end on the axe is unusual, has it been forged that way or is that from being hit by a hammer a lot ?

I wonder if that is a corking tool, for pushing tarred flax in between boat hull boards for waterproofing ????

Cheers, yep forged that way and almost sharp. We think it might of been used for shoe making or leather work

I would be keen to see it restored, is that likely ?

Cheers, nah i dont think it can be sadly

No shortage of iron on that site, and those dumps can be a treasure trove (ie. broken cricket buckles). Look forward to seeing what else you find there.

Ded Driver said:
Marc, that spot will take you a year or more to fully cover :lol:

to be honest i recon even with 20 people still would be finds after 10 yrs haha bit area packed with stuff :)

Goldpick said:
No shortage of iron on that site, and those dumps can be a treasure trove (ie. broken cricket buckles). Look forward to seeing what else you find there.

Cheers yep back out this weekend :)_

My father in law just bought the xterra 705. Wow it has done a fantastic job. You have found some really great treasure. Makes me want to get up and go right now. To bad I can't, I have to get up and go to work in the morning. ?

Hi Marc, what a great site!

The old cordwainers (shoemakers) used to measure the foot of the person for whom they were making the shoes, then would cut and whittle out a rough wooden block about the same size, to use as the shoe form. That's what you found. It's called a cordwainer's form.

1565184428_cordwainer_form.jpg

Cheers,
Megsy

MegsyB007 said:
Hi Marc, what a great site!

The old cordwainers (shoemakers) used to measure the foot of the person for whom they were making the shoes, then would cut and whittle out a rough wooden block about the same size, to use as the shoe form. That's what you found. It's called a cordwainer's form.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/13534/1565184428_cordwainer_form.jpg

Cheers,
Megsy

Cheers mate, only difference is mine is iron, still the same thing?

Latest posts