SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mids0n said:
so has anyone tried the smaller 10x5? interested to hear if its anymore and than the standard 8inch

Not shore MidsOn.
When i tried the 8x6 Sadie on mine early in the peace.
The unit did not like it.

Tested 2017.
14``x 9``NF Mono Elliptical
11``DD Commander
14``Mono Elite
8``x6`` Advantage Litz Wire
( All of these Coils were VERY UNSTABLE.) Not GOOD.

Auman is saying it worked on his.
I`m not shore if his unit is a standard SDC2300 though ?
Maybe he`ll read this and fill in ``The Missing Link.``

AuMan said:
So, the Sadie coil, bolts up and finds gold! Literally put the coil on the detector, fired it up, put it on the ground, weeeoooo. Nah, gotta be a pellet. Cranked up gain a bit just coz, oh that brightens it up some, take a scrape, out, in my hand, 0.03g tiddler! Unfortunately I couldn't keep that kind of run going!
The Sadie worked no problems at all.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/2670/1560080199_img_3446.jpg

51digger said:
Hi everybody, could'nt keep on going with this 11" coil so took it back to point of sale and they gladly sent it away for a replacement.
Received a new coil 4 days later and this is what the firsrt one should have been like. Have been out 4 times and found plenty of lead shot
and 3 small nuggets, coil is running smooth and stable and consistent, am a happy camper now.

Hi Digger

Same size coil is it?
And how's it going??
Is it honestly any better in anyway apart from ground covers?
Have you noted a more positive response or sensitivity result??.

Cheers mate

Udo and Bill from the Gold Prospecting in WA website, well-known for their prospecting training courses, have been trialling a Coiltek Gold Extreme 14 x 9 - the webpage linked below has their comments and a video. They've also found an official warranty statement from Minelab regarding these coils, which I haven't previously come across:
https://www.gold-prospecting-wa.com/Minelab-SDC2300-Coiltek-Coils.html

Back in June 2019 my wife and I did some tests on coils that we had using a older GPX4500,

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=31023

At the same time we also did similar tests on our SDC2300 using the standard 8 inch coil and a 14 x 9 which had been replaced by Coiltek as the first one we purchased had some issues.

The results that we got were on the 4.5mm shotgun pellet with 1.5mm hole were, 8 inch coil heard it at 100 mm and the 14 x 9 was about 80 mm when it was heard.

We then went to the 22 bullet with the 1.5 mm hole and the 8 inch picked up at 160mm and using the 14 x 9 was picked up at 145mm so to us there is approximately a 20% loss in depth using the 14 x 9 coil over the standard 8 inch.

We are not greatly worried about this as we now have one standard SDC and one with the larger coil. My wife is happy to go to areas where we have found gold and potter around with the 8 inch coil while I prefer to go looking for a new area with the bigger coil covering more ground. If I find a new area and my wife is happy to leave the older area then she will come and do a better search, failing that I am able to change back to the 8 inch coil without a great deal of bother and do my own search.

I know that the measurements above are approximate only as our hearing is not what it was so maybe others will be able to get deeper depths with their coils. We are not worried about the weight of what we were looking for as the gold comes in all sizes and shapes and depths, if I am unlucky to walk over a small nugget and miss it by 15% with the larger coil I will never know, but the same applies to the 8 inch, if it is below what the coil can detect it will remain in the ground until someone with a better detector comes along. We will continue to use the 14 x 9 and be happy with the results.

Graham

Gday just wanting to find out if anyone has any more info or opinions on the Coiltek coils for the sdc from those who have them or used them some of the reports Ive read are good some not so good cheers Muk.

14 x 9 is pretty good on the tiny stuff still.

Hit up Dawsy77 with a PM. He has had a few decent trips under his belt with his 14 x 9 and will give you an honest review :Y:

Latest posts