Adelaide (SA) South Australia information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PhaseTech said:
So much footage didn't get used - there was about 3 hrs filming. All the bits shown were Adelaide hills gold finds, except the one where the pin-pointer is recovering a nice piece - not sure where they filmed that? They also didn't show any of the lad panning - I watched his interview and thought that would have added nicely to the story. He talked about his dad etc. Anyway, all in all I think they did a decent job. I didn't know Minelab was interviewed until Paul Makin asked me about the new "detector" during filming. He meant the new GPZ19 coil.

I did notice but Nenad you didn't take them anywhere near that patch ya pulled the 12 ounces from
:D :D :D

Why not try somewhere not in the suburbs? Also, questions like that also need extra info, such as "500 m southeast of" - need to do some homework first.

I was one of the first students there when it opened. (Primary school)Many moons ago. As I remember there was a creek we knew as Dead Mans gully with high cliffs on either side & yes we found quartz crystals there. Thanks for the flash back. Cheers.

Dave law said:
I was one of the first students there when it opened. (Primary school)Many moons ago. As I remember there was a creek we knew as Dead Mans gully with high cliffs on either side & yes we found quartz crystals there. Thanks for the flash back. Cheers.

Thanks, the school is very nice. :)

Dave law said:
I was one of the first students there when it opened. (Primary school)Many moons ago. As I remember there was a creek we knew as with high cliffs on either side & yes we found quartz crystals there. Thanks for the flash back. Cheers.

Hi, Dave law,

I just checked Google map , There is a "Dead Mans gully" in QLD.
What is the name of the creek near Keller Road school?

Thanks.

Finding Gold in the Adelaide Hills - Today Tonight Adelaide
youtube.com/watch?v=OuL-GNPUXC8

where is teh place, called?

Ahhh Nenad! You gorgeous man! If I was a woolly woofter Id be pitching woo your way :D

Hi guys, new to the forum but not new to prospecting. As title suggests...

I used to know that one good spot above sixth creek off Gorge Rd (that everyone else knew) but it seems there's nowhere to park!

Hi Newbie,
I am no expert, and others may have a much more accurate answer. South Australia is such a nanny state, that part is indisputable!
Of the three legal designated fossicking areas (Jupiter Creek, Chapel Hill and Mt Crawford Forest) I have panned and creviced some small alluvial gold from Mt Crawford at Rocky Creek, including one nice but small picker. I have heard tell that there is some alluvial gold in the dams at the bottoms of both Chapel Hill and Jupiter creek, but the latter dam is on separate Government property and not part of the designated fossicking area... (a police training facility, so give that one a wide berth). Also I have heard tales of the walking paths at Jupiter Creek becoming small creeks in the wet winter months and that some have panned some gold from those.....
Others have also told of being legally allowed to navigate streams and creeks including the Onkaparinga River around Clarendon and panning some good colour. That may or may not be so, however, despite public access to Crown land being expressly allowed and protected by law, (providing that access is not via trespass on private land), the down side is that by SA law, prospecting on non-designated Crown Land is expressly prohibited.....unless you can convince DEWNR to grant appropriate consent....it never hurts to ask.

........In all cases, the bed of the river is Crown
land and is subject to the rules that apply to Crown
land.

Crown land is managed by the South Australian
Government and exists for the benefit of the
community. Specific rules apply to the use of
Crown land, along with all other South Australian
laws. Crown land can be accessed by the public
on a casual basis; however occupation will require
authorisation

and

Excavation and disturbance
You are not permitted to conduct works on Crown
land without consent, this includes excavating,
prospecting,
damaging or interfering with Crown
land or any fixture on Crown land. If you wish to
excavate or carry out other works on Crown land
you will need to contact your local DEWNR office
to arrange appropriate consent i.e. a licence.
Conducting works on Crown land without lawful
authority is an offence.

TT

Yep, the nanny state alright. There is alluvial gold to be had.but most of itis in prohibited areas such as SAwater etc. Interested to hear about finding alluvial, panable gold at mount crawford, if you have the bug too much maybe easier to drive to Vic for the weekend.

Latest posts