You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

madtuna
28 June 2019 11:04 pm

We didn’t go bezerk... yeah I admit we got airborne a few times and took out a stack of mulga but them camels were legging it thumbsup

If guns kill people, cutlery causes obesity. Sporks should be Cat D and have no place in suburbia
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL9zIt … KCVngVrjg?

2 users like this post: Rockhunter62, Booney

Ridge Runner
28 June 2019 11:05 pm

These Tyre's MT bought are about the best Bush Tyre,

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … p?id=27267

Dig em all,

2 users like this post: Rockhunter62, Booney

madtuna
28 June 2019 11:13 pm

RR sorry for taking the plss mate...dougie is sitting at the table next to me and we are just bouncing dribble and shite off each other having a laugh.....blame him!

If guns kill people, cutlery causes obesity. Sporks should be Cat D and have no place in suburbia

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Booney

Rockhunter62
28 June 2019 11:14 pm

madtuna wrote:

RR sorry for taking the plss mate...dougie is sitting at the table next to me and we are just bouncing dribble and shite off each other having a laugh.....blame him!

Not me. playful

Cheers

Doug

Forest Gump once said "life is like a detector going beep, you don't know what it is till you dig it up"

3 users like this post: Ridge Runner, madtuna, Booney

Gravity
28 June 2019 11:22 pm

For me Nitto Ridge Grappler's not cheap but a bloody great tyre with excellent reviews; https://www.bobjane.com.au/a/35-12-5r18 … 128q/12914

GPX 5000 - sP01 - Evo 17x13
Life's a garden Dig It.

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Booney

Booney
28 June 2019 11:28 pm

Thanks guys definitely food for thought and more research to be done still leaning towards the toyos but just a bit disappointed they don't make the Kos anymore and in a few reviews I've read on the ko2s ,but they are the best looking of the lot ,but it's going to come down to price and durability. Also hilarious Doug but I'll keep the Nissan in case anyone needs a tow playful beer

2 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Rockhunter62

Ridge Runner
28 June 2019 11:29 pm

madtuna wrote:

That's alright mate, what else can we get up too on a quiet Friday night, I learned to laugh at my self long before I laughed at others, It's all good mate, thumbsup

Dig em all,

2 users like this post: madtuna, Booney

Harbourmaster
29 June 2019 12:54 am

Had a good yarn with a telstra tech in Alice about 5 weeks ago and he swears by these tyres. I have no idea of the cost and only made in one size 235/85R 16LT recons they will go anywhere. I have an ex telstra nissan patrol and thats what started the conversation. I will look at them when I need tyres again

Tyres / Dueler / Range / Bridgestone Dueler A/S 661
Bridgestone Dueler A/S 661
The Desert Dueler A/S 661 tyre offers the ultimate in toughness and performance in all seasons and all terrains – from sand and mud to rocky hillsides and the highway. Engineered with special water resistant compounds, this is a tyre that’s made to last.

X-terra 705

1 user likes this post: Booney

Ded Driver
29 June 2019 01:04 am

I think you guys will find what Madtuna is referring to, mostly in outback WA, the biggest issue in tyres is being staked in the side wall by Mulga stumps. just about no regular radial A/T on the market can deal with this.
put a stake thru the tread area, no big prob, just put a plug in it (if its not too big), rip a 2" or 3" tear in the sidewall on a Mulga stake & your tyre is stuffed.
There are a couple of tyres on the market that deal with them better than most.
cant remember the brand names off the top of my head

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

3 users like this post: madtuna, Bush Chook, Booney

CreviceSucker
29 June 2019 01:18 am

Redfin wrote:
7.62marksman wrote:

I run Hankook Dynapro ATM on mine at about $140.00 each
Done just under 70k still have about 60% tread left
They have taken me into some areas a billy goat wont go lol lol lol
Good in wet and mud however never been on the beach yet not allowed where i am mad mad

https://www.productreview.com.au/listin … ynapro-atm

They get a decent review too m8.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … apture.jpg

I had hankook dynapro MT muddies and loved them for awesome all weather stickiness but when I had to replace them recently the buggers had no stock in the country , seems they were so popular they just had none available .

Jax tyres told me that hankook AT’s are the exact same compound so I got a set of them but I call crapppa, I swear they don’t stick as well as the mud tyres , I say definitely a different rubber compound but I can’t give them back.

Next time I need tyres I will order the same Muddies a month or two before I need them.

Comparing tyres is a tough ask , it’s not just grip that’s critical but also durability , and very few tyre comparisons cover all tyres and all factors ...

3 users like this post: 7.62marksman, Bush Chook, Booney

madtuna
29 June 2019 01:46 am

Ded Driver wrote:

I think you guys will find what Madtuna is referring to, mostly in outback WA, the biggest issue in tyres is being staked in the side wall by Mulga stumps. just about no regular radial A/T on the market can deal with this.
put a stake thru the tread area, no big prob, just put a plug in it (if its not too big), rip a 2" or 3" tear in the sidewall on a Mulga stake & your tyre is stuffed.
There are a couple of tyres on the market that deal with them better than most.
cant remember the brand names off the top of my head

My tyres are great for here but not practical for general use. Absolute crap on bitumen, useless in mud but then in the mud here you just dont drive anyway even with the best of mud tyres on.
There are many more better suited for everyday general purpose.

I put these tyres on back in August and am still waiting for the back pair to cop a puncture so I can swap them over to my new split rims.
We have superlugs here over 5 years old with zero tread left, they are slicks but we still run around on them daily in some of the rockiest mulga infested crap out there.

Two sets of wheels is ideal, but also not practical for everybody, but it works for us.
If I need to go to Perth or Kal I just pick the ute up with the fork lift, wiz off the wheels and throw on a set of road wheels.

Last edited by madtuna (29 June 2019 01:51 am)

5 users like this post: Ridge Runner, Rockhunter62, RM Outback, Bush Chook, Booney

Ridge Runner
29 June 2019 02:19 am

For serious Mud I like these INSA Turbo's which are a copy of the Simex Mud Tyre's, these bad boys have about 20 to 22mm of tread on them, they as close to a tractor tyre you can get while keeping things road legal, and they are cheap too But I am having trouble Inventing a good enough reason to buy them, LOL heart inlove inlove inlove

1561735113_insa_turbo_special_track.jpg

Dig em all,

3 users like this post: RM Outback, Booney, Ded Driver

Ded Driver
29 June 2019 11:31 pm

this is the original thread on tough tyres, started by the Madfish
some good info here
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com.au … p?id=27267

APLA member, GPX4000, modded SD2100, XTerra705, GM1000, Whites MXT Pro, Nokta Pointer, sP01 Enhancer, Garmin GPSMAP 64S, kti PLB, a map, all sorts of coils & a cupla buckets full of hope & enthusiasm

2 users like this post: Bush Chook, Booney

Hard Luck
30 June 2019 04:53 am

7.62marksman wrote:

I run Hankook Dynapro ATM on mine at about $140.00 each
Done just under 70k still have about 60% tread left
They have taken me into some areas a billy goat wont go lol lol lol
Good in wet and mud however never been on the beach yet not allowed where i am mad mad

https://www.productreview.com.au/listin … ynapro-atm

I run these as well and have just clocked 50k on them. There is no way they will get anywhere near another 50k on them. I reckon another 20k if I'm lucky.
I've been to some pretty remote areas and some very rough tracks.
Not saying I wouldn't get them again. Just can't see how anyone is getting close to 100k on them.

1561830705_20180131_074358_1.jpg

1561830706_20180130_180107.jpg

3 users like this post: Bush Chook, Ridge Runner, Booney

ProspectorPete
30 June 2019 06:45 pm

Hi Booney, I went through a similar thing looking for good AT's when I bought my LC100 in 2017, I'd read that the BF K02 weren't as good as the original K0 but ended up buying a set in the end, glad I did mate. Great on road grip with no noise, great on the tracks where we prospect, I don’t even both dropping pressure on the rough stuff as they grip well and never suffered slipping on bog holes yet, not that I do much off road, just when I get out prospecting so you'd have a good idea of use.
I love them and think they are worth every cent.

4 users like this post: Ridge Runner, LoneWolf, Bjay, Booney

Bjay
30 June 2019 10:12 pm

I’m on my second set of Toyo at 2s. We’re a great tyre for general use. ( we don’t all go scrub bashing in WA ) only problem I’ve had with them is that up around 80,000 they seem to get a bit hard and you got to be pretty careful on the wet bitchy.

Booney
17 July 2019 12:13 am

After much consideration I have decided to go with the Bfg ko2 ‘s this time ,even though they cost a bit more than the toyos it came down to grip in the wet . I like the tread patten as it has a big chunky shoulder with ample ability to expell water , as most of my driving is up and down mountain roads this suits me best . I’ve had them on for a week now and what I’ve noticed is they track like I’m on rails excellent grip in the wet , feel very sure footed . They are a bit noisier than my old ko’s ,but not to bad , ended up getting them for $279 each and put them on steel rims for looks . So far very happy with them . So then I’m at the lights yesterday morning and some clown runs into the back off me , not to much damage to mine just tailgate and bumper but his car was a mess, with his airbags saving him , least no one was hurt thumbsup Cheers Booney . the blue on the wheels is just a protective cover on the writing which washes off I’m told 1563282209_d6c25e52-706b-4485-aae4-d8a069d9f1cc.jpg

8 users like this post: Ded Driver, Dignit, madtuna, Dog Ranger, RM Outback, Wishfull, Bush Chook, Ridge Runner

Dog Ranger
17 July 2019 08:42 am

Booney regarding D40 rear ending
Have a good look at chassis rails around area where cab ends and tub starts for any distortion?
Superior engineering do a strengthening plate also for the D40 chassis if you work it hard ?

RM Outback
17 July 2019 08:47 am

Not good being involved in any accident Booney thumbsdown lucky it turned out to be the best one, no injuries thumbsup make sure you rotate the tyres every 5k or you will only get 50k or there abouts before having to replace the two on the rear beer

Booney
17 July 2019 10:47 am

Thanks DR will look into that , the tow hitch took most of the hit but that is attached to chassis rails. Will get that checked out.
Thanks RM good advice with the tyres comes free rotation every 5 k for life of tyres a good deal I thought cheers Booney.

2 users like this post: RM Outback, nucopia

cq gold digger
17 July 2019 04:30 pm

hey mate just be careful in the wet around town with the BF's mine have never been real flash, be interesting to see how you go
that 5k rotation deal sounds good.

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site