All Terrain Tyres

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im on my second set of Toyo at 2s. Were a great tyre for general use. ( we dont all go scrub bashing in WA ) only problem Ive had with them is that up around 80,000 they seem to get a bit hard and you got to be pretty careful on the wet bitchy.

After much consideration I have decided to go with the Bfg ko2 s this time ,even though they cost a bit more than the toyos it came down to grip in the wet . I like the tread patten as it has a big chunky shoulder with ample ability to expell water , as most of my driving is up and down mountain roads this suits me best . Ive had them on for a week now and what Ive noticed is they track like Im on rails excellent grip in the wet , feel very sure footed . They are a bit noisier than my old kos ,but not to bad , ended up getting them for $279 each and put them on steel rims for looks . So far very happy with them . So then Im at the lights yesterday morning and some clown runs into the back off me , not to much damage to mine just tailgate and bumper but his car was a mess, with his airbags saving him , least no one was hurt :Y: Cheers Booney . the blue on the wheels is just a protective cover on the writing which washes off Im told
1563282209_d6c25e52-706b-4485-aae4-d8a069d9f1cc.jpg

Booney regarding D40 rear ending
Have a good look at chassis rails around area where cab ends and tub starts for any distortion?
Superior engineering do a strengthening plate also for the D40 chassis if you work it hard ?

Not good being involved in any accident Booney :N: lucky it turned out to be the best one, no injuries :Y: make sure you rotate the tyres every 5k or you will only get 50k or there abouts before having to replace the two on the rear :beer:

Thanks DR will look into that , the tow hitch took most of the hit but that is attached to chassis rails. Will get that checked out.
Thanks RM good advice with the tyres comes free rotation every 5 k for life of tyres a good deal I thought cheers Booney.

hey mate just be careful in the wet around town with the BF's mine have never been real flash, be interesting to see how you go
that 5k rotation deal sounds good.

Latest posts