Garrett Headphones - aftermarket options

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

itsdw

Drew
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have just been given a headphone adapter for my Garrett AT GOLD.

What aftermarket headphones or ear buds are available that will work.

I would prefer ear bud type ones so I can wear a wide brimmed hat, the larger earphones are hot in FNQ and+ I cant wear a wide brimmed hat with them.

I don't want to go breaking the budget either.

I already have a 1/4 to 1/8 headphone adapter ready to go.

Cheers In advance.

ive got a pair of garret headphones with volume control both ears , about 8 yrs old never ever used still in plastic, we can work something out for you cheap if you wanna pm me. :Y:

Another question on Garret headphones .

Can you cut the coil wires on the infinium headphones and attach another set of headphones instead of the stock ones by splicing the wires together and using the stock plug connection ,please ?

Mine sometimes break up and could be faulty ,so i was looking at other options.

Thanks.
FOZ

just starting said:
Another question on Garret headphones .

Can you cut the coil wires on the infinium headphones and attach another set of headphones instead of the stock ones by splicing the wires together and using the stock plug connection ,please ?

Mine sometimes break up and could be faulty ,so i was looking at other options.

Thanks.
FOZ

Check out Phasetech :Y: Nenad will get you sorted out.

If your handy with a soldering iron you should be able to make an adapter like this from your headphones: http://www.garrettaustralia.com.au/garrett-1-4-headphone-adapter/
You could then have the choice of using a variety of headphones/earbuds.
One issue you might have with the headphones breaking up is the cause could be in the plug wiring. Not sure how accessible this is on the Garrett headphones but you may need to strip it back & resolder the connections to the plug?

This mod on an AT is interesting. Maybe you could do something similar with the Infinium.
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/KX5XqLEGKnk[/video]

Edit: Or go wireless as RM suggests:
http://phasetechnical.com.au/product/quest-wirefree-lite-headphones-garrett/
Pretty sure the Infinium has the same plug as the AT/ATX but you would need to check.

1563067181_00ec4617-81b2-4333-a97c-f56b83d504f6.jpg

When I wear a broad brimmed hat I use jogging earbuds made by Phillips. The band goes behind the head. I bought mine about 5 or 6 years ago for about $40 and theyre very comfortable. No volume control, so if your detector doesnt have volume control they may be a bit loud.

Thanks , Mbasko and RM Outback. I am having real trouble with slow internet this weekend and can`t load the video or the websites for Garret or Phasetech. I

Even this webpage loaded by itself before i finished replying and can`t even get the edit button to work.. What i was going to say was i like the idea of wireless headphones and didn`t think garrett had them for this model. When i get a better internet connection , i`ll have a look. Thankyou.

FOZ

Not NBN , Sandta . I live in the sticks and use a hotspot connection on my mobile phone. I don`t even have a phone line to the house. Hell, i don`t even have a bitumen road to drive on . We get black spots up here and you either get nothing , bad or half reasonable mobile signals . Pot luck on the day.

just starting said:
Not NBN , Sandta . I live in the sticks and use a hotspot connection on my mobile phone. I don`t even have a phone line to the house. Hell, i don`t even have a bitumen road to drive on . We get black spots up here and you either get nothing , bad or half reasonable mobile signals . Pot luck on the day.

Sounds like the ideal spot!

Do you have Optus in the area? Run an external antenna to an Optus modem for cheap data.

No Optus . If you turn up at my place ,you are lost - Big time or you are the police. I`ll explain. A couple of years` ago when i was on holidays , i was listening to the police scanner when they were still legal in victoria and my address came up from the local copper. Look out the window and sure enough, he was driving down my long driveway.
Turns out tractor parts were being pinched locally and i had the same model the parts belonged to at the time. And it wasn`t me !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aussiedigs said:
just starting said:

Sounds like the ideal spot!

Do you have Optus in the area? Run an external antenna to an Optus modem for cheap data.

Or throw a high gain truck aerial on the gutter :Y: it's the only way a neighbour of mine gets any service and he's 4km east of the Hume as the crow flys :( using Telstra, just out of Broadford. We're elevated so don't have anywhere near the issues others do. Drop further into the valley on the east side to Strath Creek and since the Black Saturday royal commission findings they have full service prior to Black Saturday it was a dead zone no matter what carrier you used. NBN is a city slicker luxury and nothing more than a pain everywhere outside of a city or major rural town. Aissiedigs is onto it JS your in a good spot :) :Y:

Thanks , Ship of Fools. I had a look at those after reading your post and they look like a good thing for about $200 for the adaptor and $300 for the kit with headphones and pinpointer .
Mbasko , i had a look at the video and would still have to buy the $74 adaptor to make it all work ,but still cheap in the scheme of things.

Rusty nails. Those headphones would work on my detector and would still need the adaptor for wireless ,but still prefer the volume control.

I had a look at the Phasetech Quest lite wireless kit for $150 that both Mbasko and Rm Outback recommended and i have sent them an email with questions on it ,but they look like what i am after . Thanks for the lead ,fellas . :perfect:

By the way ....................... This is what turns up at the bottom of the page as i write this. The internet is a scary place .

1563189341_gar.jpg

FOZ