Australian History

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Manpa said:
Loongana WA, lime mining and a rail siding on the trans Australian railway, was serviced by the "tea and sugar train" until 1996.

Manpa
The above is one part of the answer
There is one other thing
About Loongana it is the start / end of something

Start or end of the worlds longest straight rail track.
Part of the Trans Aust line

The Trans-Australian Railway crosses the Nullarbor Plain of Australia from Port Augusta in South Australia to Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. It includes a 478-kilometre (297 mi) stretch of dead-straight track, the world's longest, between the 797 km (495 mi) post west of Ooldea and the 1,275 km (792 mi) post west of Loongana.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Australian_Railway

(Took me 3 4 edits to get my spelling sorted) :/

StoneTheCrows said:
Start or end of the worlds longest straight rail track.
Part of the Trans Aust line

The Trans-Australian Railway crosses the Nullarbor Plain of Australia from Port Augusta in South Australia to Kalgoorlie in Western Australia. It includes a 478-kilometre (297 mi) stretch of dead-straight track, the world's longest, between the 797 km (495 mi) post west of Ooldea and the 1,275 km (792 mi) post west of Loongana.[1]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Australian_Railway

(Took me 3 4 edits to get my spelling sorted) :/

Stone The Crows
That is the other part of the answer

Now the tricky bit
Whos go is it as both you and Manpa got it half right
Me thinks we need to flip a coin??

What and where am I
I was established in 1889 at the mouth of a river
I received my unusual paint job in 1929.
I am also unusual, as I was connected to mains water.

Correct Doug, one of only two vertically striped lighthouses that I know of in Australia. Mersey Bluff lighthouse greets all travellers on the Spirit of Tas as they arrive in Devonport.

Over to you.

Ok folks, whoever can tell me the following can have the the next as I am going out of internet range now.

"In 1880 a group of farmers started their own coffee plantations in northern New South Wales and Far North Queensland. Starting with a bang, this first foray into coffee growing resulted with international recognition, winning awards in Paris and Rome."

Over to whoever.

Cheers

Doug