You are not logged in.

• Register to access all forum features  

Goldpin Prospecting
07 July 2019 01:07 am

Hey PA, just got done with finishing up a vid for my new channel.

Any tips/feedback recommended. I have learnt so much through these forums so thanks to everyone for their valuable information smile

10 users like this post: Dolphin, Brother, Nanjim, Bush Chook, Flowerpot, reefer, Billy, Eldorado, Trash, Ship of fools

MegsyB007
07 July 2019 01:41 am

Good video Brad - but sorry, annoying music. Panning, as you said, is relaxing. That music wasn't...

But do keep at it, you learn as you go along.
It was a good starting point to build on.

Cheers,
Megsy

The Australian bush - love it - take care of it.

1 user likes this post: Goldpin Prospecting

Goldpin Prospecting
07 July 2019 10:48 am

MegsyB007 wrote:

Good video Brad - but sorry, annoying music. Panning, as you said, is relaxing. That music wasn't...

But do keep at it, you learn as you go along.
It was a good starting point to build on.

Cheers,
Megsy

Thanks Megsy. I think that is a fair point, maybe some music a tad more calming next time tongue

1 user likes this post: MegsyB007

7.62marksman
07 July 2019 10:51 am

Haven't been out there for months good to see its still producing well done mate thumbsup

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

2 users like this post: Goldpin Prospecting, reefer

Goldpin Prospecting
07 July 2019 10:55 am

7.62marksman wrote:

Haven't been out there for months good to see its still producing well done mate thumbsup

Thank you Marksman. Yes indeed, there seems to be gold everywhere we look there argh

1 user likes this post: reefer

7.62marksman
07 July 2019 10:59 am

Yes i have never come home empty
Near the old bridge is my favorite spot but dont tell anyone thats just between you and me ops ops

Highbanker, Sluice, Trommel, Gold Monster 1000 (Khaleesi), Garrett Ace 400i (Rhaegal), Go-Find 40 (Nymeria), Non Turbo 2.8lt Hilux (Turtle), NAPFA member ----Even a broken clock is right twice a day

4 users like this post: Goldpin Prospecting, reefer, CreviceSucker, Ship of fools

Brother
07 July 2019 02:06 pm

Good on ya mate, gota start somewhere! Good spot. May be a small scale miner one day? I better sub ya!

wink

3 pans, 2 sluice, 3 HIbanker, 1 Garrett AT Gold and no more time for dreaming!

2 users like this post: reefer, Goldpin Prospecting

nucopia
07 July 2019 03:17 pm

Thanks for sharing mate and keep em coming ... really enjoyed watching.. perfect

every day is an adventure
NAPFA Member

2 users like this post: Goldpin Prospecting, reefer

DrDuck
07 July 2019 06:26 pm

Personally, I did not mind the music at all.

I sure miss highbanking, that's for sure. At Oallen, the secret is to find the right dirt, and then process as much as possible of it.

I've seen some pics of amazing returns out there from the early days of highbanking.

High banker, sluice, pans sieves &etc. Makro Multi Kruzer, Deteknix Xpointer Pro. NAPFA member.

3 users like this post: Goldpin Prospecting, reefer, Eldorado

Goldpin Prospecting
07 July 2019 07:22 pm

Brother wrote:

Good on ya mate, gota start somewhere! Good spot. May be a small scale miner one day? I better sub ya!

wink

We will see wink Thanks!

2 users like this post: reefer, Brother

reefer
07 July 2019 09:26 pm

Well Goldpin Prospecting, I think you overall, have done a really good job on this video. I did not think your choice of background music was in any way detrimental to your voiceover and I really enjoyed the 'Reggae' outro. I also think that for a chap who has only been in the game for a short time that you have learnt a good deal and your finds are self-evident of the sharp 'J' CURVE you have rendered to your knowledge and skills base. Clear and concise and very well edited to save us the viewers, from hours of boring panning and shovelling scenes. I think you would have endeared yourself to many new-chums and plenty of some...so-called... oldtimers alike wink Your self-presentation is natural and informative and delivered in a warm and genuine way....good job young fella! cool Reefer. cool goldpan trophy thumbsup

We swear by the Southern Cross, to stand truly by each other and fight to defend our Rights and Liberties.

4 users like this post: Billy, Goldpin Prospecting, Brother, 7.62marksman

Goldpin Prospecting
08 July 2019 06:18 pm

reefer wrote:

Well Goldpin Prospecting, I think you overall, have done a really good job on this video. I did not think your choice of background music was in any way detrimental to your voiceover and I really enjoyed the 'Reggae' outro. I also think that for a chap who has only been in the game for a short time that you have learnt a good deal and your finds are self-evident of the sharp 'J' CURVE you have rendered to your knowledge and skills base. Clear and concise and very well edited to save us the viewers, from hours of boring panning and shovelling scenes. I think you would have endeared yourself to many new-chums and plenty of some...so-called... oldtimers alike wink Your self-presentation is natural and informative and delivered in a warm and genuine way....good job young fella! cool Reefer. cool goldpan trophy thumbsup

Thanks Reefer, some very re assuring words there from you smile

I have seen your recent post too, its never too late to quit & look after yourself - stay well mate!

Pogo
11 July 2019 07:47 pm

Thanks Goldpin,

nice video and well done on the gold.

just a word of warning, using your recirculating sluice on site may get you into strife.

Not wanting to be a fun policeman but the fossicking laws say

Power-operated equipment cannot be used on land or in waters for surface disturbance, excavation or
processing. Power operated equipment includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and
electrical equipment or machinery.

so maybe best to take your cons home and process them there.

Goldpin Prospecting
12 July 2019 12:38 am

Pogo wrote:

Thanks Goldpin,

nice video and well done on the gold.

just a word of warning, using your recirculating sluice on site may get you into strife.

Not wanting to be a fun policeman but the fossicking laws say

Power-operated equipment cannot be used on land or in waters for surface disturbance, excavation or
processing. Power operated equipment includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and
electrical equipment or machinery.

so maybe best to take your cons home and process them there.

Thanks Pogo.

Yeh, the laws are strange & poorly explained. Technically the above also means its breaking the law to run it in my backyard too skull

I feel the recirculating is better for the waters if anything - the option to dump the mullock away from the water is a bonus - I really enjoy using it to save my crippled back though lol

Pogo
12 July 2019 11:24 am

Yep I get you. And technically I think you’re right.

But I use a recirculating clean up sluice at home figuring it’s pretty unlikely that my local council ranger would have any idea at all what it is.

But at a popular spot like the shoalhaven they might be less sympathetic.

Goldpin Prospecting
13 July 2019 02:55 pm

Pogo wrote:

Yep I get you. And technically I think you’re right.

But I use a recirculating clean up sluice at home figuring it’s pretty unlikely that my local council ranger would have any idea at all what it is.

But at a popular spot like the shoalhaven they might be less sympathetic.

I would hope the local ranger wouldn't be listening at each fence for water pumps!

But yes I totally understand, damn those old timers with no government hounding down on them cry

Contact Us - Privacy Policy - Terms Of Service

View Desktop Site