Which One to buy Pajero, Prado or Patrol?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Redfin said:
Feral said:
I been trying to find them Redfin. No luck yet. Must not be wording the search right

http://www.idealseat.com.au/html/overview_all.html

There are many base plates for most 4wd's, and there is where the adjustment for height is.

Thanks Redfin. been trying to remember that name Recaro. To all others, Thanks heaps for all your input. Basics off all from where I sit is, modern 4WD's are not so flash. Every make and model has issues. Need to google "known issues" of what ever I'm looking at.

:Y: :Y: :Y:

Oh yeh and sooo jealous of the Perenti :p

Yup yup on both counts. Been asking around as well.

Gawd, to think all I wanted when I started this hobby was to get my back moving better :8

Dihusky said:
Had a Patrol GUY61, comfortable, good chassis but the 3l motor is crap. Good for a while then the computer niggles, throttle body and the list went on. Should have gone for an earlier model turbo 6, anyway that's the past. Bought a Perentie 6x6 :eek: , simple :Y: , no computer :inlove: , virtually un-breakable and can be fixed easily pretty much anywhere, my daily drive and everyone gives respect ;)
+1 for the Perenties :Y:
That 3.9 Izusu diesel is unbreakable. Coil on every corner make is more comfortable that my 75 and 79 series Toyotas plus it will crawl through stuff where my Toyotas get stuck.

Been searching hard for the right vehicle. A heads up to all, if you make one inquiry on carsales.com you will get bombarded with unknown calls. Think I have blocked over 20 numbers in the last few weeks.

Looking at a 2008 Prado 240k on the clock this morning as soon as they open. Have a good feeling about this one.

Dihusky said:
Had a Patrol GUY61, comfortable, good chassis but the 3l motor is crap. Good for a while then the computer niggles, throttle body and the list went on. Should have gone for an earlier model turbo 6, anyway that's the past. Bought a Perentie 6x6 :eek: , simple :Y: , no computer :inlove: , virtually un-breakable and can be fixed easily pretty much anywhere, my daily drive and everyone gives respect ;)
Yep, I have a 96 Disco with the 300tdi. Doesn't have the power of the 3.9 Isuzu, but it is super reliable, hss no computer and is cheap to run. The Disco is also a great 4wd.

The Prado was perfect in every way :Y: :Y: :D

The salesman on the other hand :N: :N:

Said to him the Craptiva had to cover what it owed, just over 9 k. He started at 7500. Nope, not enough. Got him up to 8500. Almost there. Got up and started to walk out. Said to him 8500 and a full tank of juice. He comes back with 8250 best he can do.

???????????????? What happened to 8500????????????????????? I never said that he goes.

I left. Damn shame to. The car was perfect

Go back and see the 'Boss'.... Tell him your offer, and watch them squirm.... Tell them that the Yard up the road has a xyz and you like the look of it so you will see them tomorrow... Bet they come to the Party....

LW....

lol. Already said that and I wasn't fibbing either. I've had the 9500 from 2 other yards. One decided that the agreed upon price was a "misunderstanding" and wanted 4k more. Told them to jam it. The other, after all the haggling was done, the twin cab was that rough in the ride I couldn't go through with it.

Lol Times must be tough in the used car industry..... As for aftermarket seats, I have never heard of having to fit 2 seats the same... Not here in QLD anyhow...

LW....

Drive them all and see what you prefer. If I was after a 4wd for sub $20k it would be a Pajero, block the egr and fit a catch can and it will go for ever.
Just avoid 2008 autos as they are the only ones with a dpf.

A whole new world I'm learning at the moment. Definitely want a manual so that gets rid of a lot a cars. Have my heart set on a Prado now after driving that one yesterday but might consider a Pajero only if it is perfect.

Redfin said:
Hey Feral, talking to a mate yesterday and he had a set of front buckets out of a HSV VX in his Prado.
Only cost him $2.2k.
That included the seats, mounting brackets and engineer certificate.
From here = http://www.proseat.com.au/index.html

Awesome seats. Some real body huggers. That will be a project for the future.

Thanks LW. Had to read that twice. 5k for a fuel pump is nasteee :argh:

After searching high and low, from Cairns down to northern NSW I found what I was looking for close by by shear accident. Had to go through a dealer and said dealer had to take my Craptiva for the payout figure. Am now the very proud owner of a 2008 Prado :party: :party: :party:

It was what I wanted all along. Happy as a piglet in mud.

Would like to thank every one for their input :Y: :Y:

No need for after market seats and this is the first vehicle I have ever owned where the seat belt doesn't cut into my neck. Loven it :)

Well done Feral, great to hear you got what you hoped to get. Being someone who has had 3 Toyota 4x4 in the past 25 years I'm confident you will be happy for years to come. Well done.

Latest posts