SDC2300 on Ebay

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like he's robbed an electronics store and a jeweler from the other stuff he's selling! HOT alright.

I think its most likely legitimate. The seller history shows hes been an eBay seller since 2008 with almost 7000 transactions and a feedback of 99.8%.
That auction started at 99c and still has 8 days to run. A 99cent start price on a popular item generates a lot of interest. The fact that its made it onto this forum shows that.
I would be very surprised if it sells cheap.

Exactly :Y: his feedback speaks volumes for his integrity as a seller. If he was shonky in sales of 7000 plus items buyers would have crucified him by now ?

If your bidding then ask for some history on the detector + get the serial number & original place of purchase to check it out properly.
If they can't supply that then I'd be wary.
I've seen a few fake detectors for sale on eBay & elsewhere from bargain/pawn broker type sellers.
Might very well be legit but caveat emptor.

P.s. the fact the description is a copy/paste of a generic Minelab description with no other relevant details suggests to me they really have little idea of what they're selling.

Ive always found eBay to be a very safe buying platform as long as you pay by PayPal. If an item arrives and it is not as described by the seller, you simply send it back (registered mail) and make a claim. PayPal will reimburse the purchase price plus postage both ways.
This can take a little time and inconvenience but you generally wont be out of pocket. As mbasko suggested, getting the serial number and checking it out with Minelab may save you from some inconvenience later.
I once bought a Whites TDI Pro from an eBay seller with zero feedback in Belarus for a Buy it Now price of $200Aud. The deal had scam written all over it but PayPal guaranteed the transaction so I pressed the button. Surprise surprise...no TDI. I got my money fully refunded by PayPal. I think PayPal possibly have stopped dealing with some of those former eastern bloc countries for obvious reasons.
Im at my most cautious when buying face to face for cash. Once you hand over the bugs bunny and walk out the gate you have very little recourse.

Wishfull said:
I don't think you can filter your feedback.

If the seller has a Managed account, neg feedback can be removed or changed for neutral.
I bought a generator, the item never turned up so I contacted PayPal, got my money back and left neg feedback, the following day it was gone, I contacted eBay and they said the seller had a Managed account and can get feedback removed if they feel it was unfairly left.
I know, eBay are just as bad at scamming people, just like most of their sellers. :poop:

Gpx5000 said:
Wishfull said:
I don't think you can filter your feedback.

If the seller has a Managed account, neg feedback can be removed or changed for neutral.
I bought a generator, the item never turned up so I contacted PayPal, got my money back and left neg feedback, the following day it was gone, I contacted eBay and they said the seller had a Managed account and can get feedback removed if they feel it was unfairly left.
I know, eBay are just as bad at scamming people, just like most of their sellers. :poop:
yep, in much the same way Hotels filter/remove negative feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts