WA Mining Company sets Booby traps Road Spikes..

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We were inches from Tyre spikes put out by a WA mining Company, near a closed mine..Cant believe anyone would do this ..These spike clusters are 6 inches long and would destroy your tyres leaving you stranded in the Bush..We were quite entitled to be there..Not happy ..What should I do about it..

1560593653_84f94f09-5496-4f7d-8924-84b726c77d30.jpeg

1560593653_196501ce-8b7d-48fa-b338-a0a0235fa6f0.jpg

We are out bush north of Leonora at the moment this happened between Kal and here.. might be around Leonora for the next few days , not sure of the best approach.. But going to something thats for sure Mongrals..

PM sent mate. if its open ground then that's not on. take one with you for evidence, & take photos of them in-situ.
& extra good luck Baldy, hope you pick up twice as much :goldnugget: :fistpump: :fistpump: :fistpump:

A bit tricky - how can you show (or know) that the mining company did it? Just because it is near their closed mine? Not greenies or a station owner or a detectorologists discouraging others or simply someone with a sick mind? It happens here but it is usually greenies. I assume the company still holds the lease (otherwise what advantage would it be to go to the trouble, and risk prosecution if it could be proven)?

It doesn't matter if you had a right to be there or not, mineral rights don't trump public safety.
I'd report it.

Oh it does!! If you shouldn't be there, or be expected to be there, the legal holder can do what he wants!!

Simmo said:
Oh it does!! If you shouldn't be there, or be expected to be there, the legal holder can do what he wants!!
No, threat to public safety and trespass are two independent offences. They could be prosecuted unless there was a warning sign about spikes on the road. It is totally irresponsible. However I still don't know why you assume it was the mining company - there is no logical reason that I can see for them doing so, especially if they no longer hold the lease, and plenty of other possible contenders.