Longer shafts and Hip stcks

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi Every one,

Just got myself a GPZ and starting to set it up for myself in the comfort stakes. I have found that at its full shaft extension its nowhere as long as how I have got my 5000 set up. Consequently I am looking down more than I was getting an awful sore neck!!!
I am also not comfortable with the harness yolk and have reverted to the old harness off the 5000 with a hipstick ( which is now too short)
Just thought I would throw it out there if anyone has the same issues and what if any answers you may have discovered.
Even the guide arm is 4 inches too short. I have ordered a longer length of Carbon fibre shaft that I can cut and shut with the one from the Z and rig myself on that front at least.
A big belly doesn't help either but I will get there eventually he he
your thoughts are welcomed.

Cheers

GT :)

im feeling what u saying i went back to a 5000 harness with the support thing that u hook the bungee cord up to ,off the 7000 ,but i got the pick on a clawhammer holder between my shoulder blades on my back ,stitched to harness

Hey HH
Thanks for that I missed that thread.
I still think Minelab should have a longer shaft on the Z available

GT :D

Latest posts