Goldpin Prospecting channel

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good video Brad - but sorry, annoying music. Panning, as you said, is relaxing. That music wasn't...

But do keep at it, you learn as you go along.
It was a good starting point to build on.

Cheers,
Megsy

MegsyB007 said:
Good video Brad - but sorry, annoying music. Panning, as you said, is relaxing. That music wasn't...

But do keep at it, you learn as you go along.
It was a good starting point to build on.

Cheers,
Megsy

Thanks Megsy. I think that is a fair point, maybe some music a tad more calming next time :p

Well Goldpin Prospecting, I think you overall, have done a really good job on this video. I did not think your choice of background music was in any way detrimental to your voiceover and I really enjoyed the 'Reggae' outro. I also think that for a chap who has only been in the game for a short time that you have learnt a good deal and your finds are self-evident of the sharp 'J' CURVE you have rendered to your knowledge and skills base. Clear and concise and very well edited to save us the viewers, from hours of boring panning and shovelling scenes. I think you would have endeared yourself to many new-chums and plenty of some...so-called... oldtimers alike ;) Your self-presentation is natural and informative and delivered in a warm and genuine way....good job young fella! :cool: Reefer. :cool: :goldpan: :trophy: :Y:

reefer said:
Well Goldpin Prospecting, I think you overall, have done a really good job on this video. I did not think your choice of background music was in any way detrimental to your voiceover and I really enjoyed the 'Reggae' outro. I also think that for a chap who has only been in the game for a short time that you have learnt a good deal and your finds are self-evident of the sharp 'J' CURVE you have rendered to your knowledge and skills base. Clear and concise and very well edited to save us the viewers, from hours of boring panning and shovelling scenes. I think you would have endeared yourself to many new-chums and plenty of some...so-called... oldtimers alike ;) Your self-presentation is natural and informative and delivered in a warm and genuine way....good job young fella! :cool: Reefer. :cool: :goldpan: :trophy: :Y:

Thanks Reefer, some very re assuring words there from you :)

I have seen your recent post too, its never too late to quit & look after yourself - stay well mate!

Thanks Goldpin,

nice video and well done on the gold.

just a word of warning, using your recirculating sluice on site may get you into strife.

Not wanting to be a fun policeman but the fossicking laws say

Power-operated equipment cannot be used on land or in waters for surface disturbance, excavation or
processing. Power operated equipment includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and
electrical equipment or machinery.

so maybe best to take your cons home and process them there.

Pogo said:
Thanks Goldpin,

nice video and well done on the gold.

just a word of warning, using your recirculating sluice on site may get you into strife.

Not wanting to be a fun policeman but the fossicking laws say

Power-operated equipment cannot be used on land or in waters for surface disturbance, excavation or
processing. Power operated equipment includes mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, battery and
electrical equipment or machinery.

so maybe best to take your cons home and process them there.

Thanks Pogo.

Yeh, the laws are strange & poorly explained. Technically the above also means its breaking the law to run it in my backyard too :skull:

I feel the recirculating is better for the waters if anything - the option to dump the mullock away from the water is a bonus - I really enjoy using it to save my crippled back though :lol:

Yep I get you. And technically I think youre right.

But I use a recirculating clean up sluice at home figuring its pretty unlikely that my local council ranger would have any idea at all what it is.

But at a popular spot like the shoalhaven they might be less sympathetic.

Pogo said:
Yep I get you. And technically I think youre right.

But I use a recirculating clean up sluice at home figuring its pretty unlikely that my local council ranger would have any idea at all what it is.

But at a popular spot like the shoalhaven they might be less sympathetic.

I would hope the local ranger wouldn't be listening at each fence for water pumps!

But yes I totally understand, damn those old timers with no government hounding down on them 8.(

First visit to Oallen Ford

Hi PA, here is my latest video. Oallen Ford on a cold, very windy day.
Almost all the footage was washed out with wind noise which is a shame, but I made the most of it with some relaxing music and a bit of a montage from the day.

Enjoy & thanks :)