QED Info Thread.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Northeast, myself and my wife met Howard and his wife this morn. What a fantastic couple!

Howard is a bugger though! He upgraded my QED but refused to take any money. Oh this is one seriously light detector. The advancements this detector has over the one i bought recently is substantial.

Chatting to Howard over a coffee showed us how passionate he is with his baby and what he has in the works. I find it hard to believe he sleeps at night with his mind ticking over as it does! For those of us fortunate to be involved in the QED by owning one, this detector will constantly be updated with improvements.

Awesome stuff mate. Hopefully when i get back on my feet (had all the titanium removed from my foot....oh except for two broken screws) i can post on some finds.

regards.

Al
1561084834_99b461af-e2f1-4bdb-9959-24568c60b27c.jpg

Hi Al,
Any dramas with that glass fuse where it is or the end of the cable above the coil plug? Im afraid as it is shown there it wouldnt survive the first trip in the back of my ute or the first bit of mulga I brushed passed.

I've got an early model QED and had a few problems with it turning it's self on from bouncing around in the back of the ute and losing the battery cover while bashing through the Tassie bush (which is quite a bit denser than your average mulga) but I love how light and balanced it is after trying mates sdcs and 4500s. Feels like swinging a feather :)

For some time Howard has wanted me to be a QED agent, and last week I officially became one.
From where I am located in the heart of the central Victorian goldfields I believe I can offer supply, advice and tuition to those interested in this very capable, all Aussie pulse induction detector.
It is my intention to offer the QED in a number of formats. I believe options on configuration, coils and audio will give consumers the type of detector to suit their needs.
Initially, two options will be available.
1. Whites arm rest handle and stem, speaker, and Nuggetfinder Sadie coil.
2. Detech " " " " " " " Detech 11" F/wound " .
Both these packages will include 240v charger.
The above options will also be available without coils for those that already have a range of Minelab compatible mono coils.
All QEDs will be the latest version with extended mode and ground balance, and two hours tuition will be included with each purchase.
Inquiries are under way to offer accessories such as protective covers and other extras, and all QEDs will now offer a five year warranty on electronics. Coils will have the manufacturers warranty.
Initial trials with the Russian X coils have been most encouraging, and hopefully will be included as an option in future.
Without giving away too much, there are some interesting developments for the QED in the pipeline, and I look forward to assisting with inquiries.

Congrats Reg, I'm sure your expertise accelerate sales and interest. I'm keeping a close eye on the X coils, they appear to be the ducks guts.
Good luck.

mbasko, having checked the sponsor section I might give that a miss.
If my post has broken the rules then admin can take it down.

Great to hear Reg.

Awesome to hear that you are getting involved with the selling of these great detectors and providing tuition with each unit sold is a great thing.

Howard has rested with ongoing improvements with more to come.

The QED needs more exposure though. Its not out there. Maybe a QED cap and bumper sticker! A Youtube channel!

My last treatment on my foot yesterday, so no excuses now. I have some ground to cover!
1562291903_ec0802dc-e1d4-4e76-984f-215227ea8a03.jpg

Aussiedigs, mate, that is one serious coil you have there. That is my favorite big coil, and surprisingly light. Very well made, and a credit to Rohan. I like where you have mounted your WiFi, and probably better than mounted on the stem where I have mine. Some WiFi units play up with the electronics if mounted on the side of the control box, and the Sennheiser cordless system is one that had me confused for a while until I mounted it further from the box. It was fine then.
You are right about exposure as there many detector operators that have never heard of the QED. A big nugget would solve that problem, however they are getting scarce no matter what detector is being used.

Yes, a credit to Rohan, and brilliant to deal with. Very light coil for its size. I made the wrong call to run it this arvo as i didnt do the travelling between the workings i had intended. Starting off on the lower flats i was getting some deep signals to then dig some big holes! Geez, very hard to pinpoint with! I have alot to learn! So i returned to the ute to fit the 11 Commander mono. Trash trash and more trash!

Reg, where the Quest is mounted is where Northeast had his mounted. Really there is nowhere else to mount it unless you mount it on the casing. Could to the shaft i suppose but it wouldnt be that secure there.

Big nugget? Not over this way. Will have to leave that one up to you!

Now while out this arvo i came across a piece of a roofing tile. What the bloody hell would a piece of roofing tile being doing way up a gully out the middle of nowhere?

1562319434_6d4ef6e0-6424-4727-b47c-e9e16d83c24b.jpg

1562319480_85fccf1c-e31b-4bac-92ff-e7775f12f6c6.jpg

1562319518_e46eac60-d2ab-4c51-9a20-1d1d4801ede5.jpg

1562319557_d1309883-c89a-4f45-a1af-6ea7ce58aaf5.jpg

On the QED FB site some bloke is having trouble to get a signal response on a 1.5 gram nugget sitting in a hole a couple of inches deep using his QED with a CT 15x10 mono. He has posted a short video of the test. Some advice has been given to him on the settings to use but he has not responded if they had worked.

Rush said:
On the QED FB site some bloke is having trouble to get a signal response on a 1.5 gram nugget sitting in a hole a couple of inches deep using his QED with a CT 15x10 mono. He has posted a short video of the test. Some advice has been given to him on the settings to use but he has not responded if they had worked.

He has cluey blokes assisting him.

Reg Wilson said:
Aussiedigs, mate, that is one serious coil you have there. That is my favorite big coil, and surprisingly light.
Don't suppose you've had your hands on one of the new Detech 80cm/32" coils yet Reg.
Very intetesting & only 1.3kg.
New type winding I believe?

mbasko, Sounds interesting. I must give Pete a call and see what he can tell me about it. Lots of interest in coils at the moment with the Russian coils, which have managed to ruffle a few feathers, and there is the Bulgarian concentric coil as well, which could be okay despite the huge price, and the fact that credibility is somewhat compromised by appointing someone who advocates 'radar' detectors to be the chosen tester. Unfortunate choice as it could be construed that it is about as genuine as 'radar' detectors and the so called tester who is currently singing its praises, although it could be a genuine product. Not very well thought out.
On the QED scene is a new 'capsule' coil that shows great promise, and could be available soon. Lots of interesting stuff happening.

Reg I sent an email on your website re pricing on an QED and if these would be okay for a virgin detectorist. I guess not using any other first off there wouldn't be any confusion with how this one operates?

bluknght, actually, your observation is pretty spot on. My nephew some time back bought a QED as his first detector, and took to it like a duck to water, having no previous detector experience. His detector was a PL1, which has been improved markedly with the PL2 with extended mode and ground balancing.
I shall respond to your Email directly, giving you prices on the various options. Thanks for your inquiry.

blukngt said:
Reg I sent an email on your website re pricing on an QED and if these would be okay for a virgin detectorist. I guess not using any other first off there wouldn't be any confusion with how this one operates?

Blukngt, you will be fine. Im new to detecting but have found the QED to be very straightforward as has so many others new to this hobby. Also Reg is offering 2 hours tuition with a purchase. That would be worth its weight in gold! There is so much professional advise and tips available also.

Also there is this Facebook group for the QED. Howard who manufactures the QED frequents that forum also. https://www.facebook.com/groups/245...tif_id=1562580344994993&notif_t=group_comment

Latest posts