Aftermarket batteries for Minelab

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ctxkid said:
dunno , but it out lasts me , i need a rest before it does :cool:

Well I don't know that I would admit to that!

The Busy B DBV weighs just under 500g and holds enough charge to detect for 8 to 10hrs, only has one lead between your battery and detector and 1 lead to charge both the receiver and battery all for $400, now that is :power:

Cheers Mick

AuMan said:
ctxkid said:
dunno , but it out lasts me , i need a rest before it does :cool:

Well I don't know that I would admit to that!

The Busy B DBV weighs just under 500g and holds enough charge to detect for 8 to 10hrs, only has one lead between your battery and detector and 1 lead to charge both the receiver and battery all for $400, now that is :power:

Cheers Mick

leads ??

you have leads :eek:

i am not that dedicated that i detect 8hrs straight :eek: :(

ctxkid. The system you are using may be OK but over priced compared to systems just as good or better for half that amount.

Reg Wilson said:
ctxkid. The system you are using may be OK but over priced compared to systems just as good or better for half that amount.

it was designed by Minelab , that is enough for me !

and i might believe there are equals out there ;) but as for better .........yeah nah :cool:

ctxkid said:
Reg Wilson said:

it was designed by Minelab , that is enough for me !

and i might believe there are equals out there ;) but as for better .........yeah nah :cool:

Theres been quite a few aftermarket battery systems over the yrs ctx kid,most better lighter and cheaper then minelab.
A mate was over the other day,he had one for sds and gpxs called the batpak i think it is,lithium and an amp in it,seen them at finders keepers but never took much notice,very nicely made and about $400 he said,also reckons he gets about 2 days out of it sometimes,i was gonna probably buy one until i seen this unit that eski posted a link to.....
wireless included is a seller for me......

AuMan said:
Eski said:
Hey Mick , these battery packs have an amplifier to drive the speaker still?

FYI all , these wireless packs have ctick approval too, not cheap.

Hi Esky,

The audio socket on the battery itself doesn't have an amplifier. That socket is intended as a backup if something were to go wrong with the receiver.
You can plug a Wazza's Eyespy directly in to the battery on the side of your detector and still have audio from the receiver.

The receiver contains an amp to drive the speaker.
The output power of the receiver adjusts depending if it has a speaker of headphones connected, just like the GPX battery.

This whole system is intended to replace your gpx/sd/gp battery and still use the headphones or speakers you like.

Cheers Mick

Does the battery/sender or the receiver unit have an independent volume control?

Agree with Goldchaser - MinelabMods Little Ripper battery (no longer available) & wireless system was a little ripper too.

mbasko said:
Does the battery/sender or the receiver unit have an independent volume control?

Agree with Goldchaser - MinelabMods Little Ripper battery (no longer available) & wireless system was a little ripper too.

Yes the receiver unit has push button volume control.

The supplier for the Li-po packs is the same one that Ismael used for the Little Ripper.

Cheers Mick

Reg Wilson said:
ctxkid, your brand loyalty is obvious, but your experience is less so.

And you know this how :zzz:

a few of these threads have went south in the past 8.( looks like this one is following :awful:

nice post Reg ;)

1559039026_cab417cc-9d69-4b68-aba1-91ae63812f25.jpg

Well if it goes as good as mechs service and its looks im on a winner,theres no reference to the size really so i was thinking its just a touch smaller then a gpx battery maybe,well its heaps smaller,tiny really,receiver a bit bigger then most BT units but i can live with that,looks the goods,thanks mick.....

Well im happy to report this unit is good,just ran it for a week,pairs easily,ran it with a speaker mostly and it has plenty of volume,been exploring new ground on and off the quad so the most i ran it in a day was 6hrs,so cant comment on run time off one charge for the battery but its a good setup so far in my books.....

Latest posts