Minelab Equinox 800 tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ed80

Eddie Cross
Reaction score
Quick heads up anybody looking to buy equinox 800 visit your local Anaconda store,i know they only stock the 600 which is on special at the moment,but they can order you in the 800 with the special price, hope this is of some use to somebody Cheers.

Mine is still sitting in the box! I was hoping to have a good weekend using the Nox but wev'e got 2 days of rain here in Sydney. My sons response Daaaad its waterproof! How do i argue with that :(

Hey all,

Well I went to register for warranty and got this below. I bought it from the miners den Sydney new. Ive forwarded an email with the serial number to minelab and included the miners den as well. has this happened to you?

Should the units serial number match the coil? Mine does not. Im entering the units serial number.

1561889577_8966212b-2aee-43d7-ae74-ab1b90b794f2.jpg

I bought a 600 from Anaconda when they were on special a couple of weeks ago. Tried to register it this morning and got the same message. I suppose I just need to put the receipt in a safe place, although Anaconda have the sales details on their computer system as Im a club member.
If the registration is all handled through the retailer, I assume any warranty claim would be through the retailer?

Gday Rusty

I shot an email off to minelab. All is good they are registering it for me as is the miners den (point of purchase). They were both quick to respond I have to register it online as I'm absolutely hopeless at keeping receipts.

It's obviously a glitch in the registration process also the coil has a different serial number to the unit. :Y:

Minelab responded to me almost straight away. They asked me to forward my details by email and they would process it.
It would appear Anaconda may not register the warranty.
Happy with the prompt assistance from Minelab.

Rustynails said:
Minelab responded to me almost straight away. They asked me to forward my details by email and they would process it.
It would appear Anaconda may not register the warranty.
Happy with the prompt assistance from Minelab.

Same here Rusty all sorted and warranty until 2022.

Yep, they sent me through my warranty number......now I gotta make sure I dont lose that. :lol:

In QLD we don't need to do Anything..
When you buy the detector from minersden everything is recorded...No need to worry about keeping receipts etc.

Latest posts