SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The concept is more versatility if you want more ground coverage get the bigger coils if not dont get them I havent yet but I am thinking of the 11 inch round just to give me a break on the shot pellets you can always put the stock coil back on but they give you some options with the sdc like others I am waiting for the reports to come in before I buy but I do like the idea of some options give them a chance before bagging them cheers Muk.

My young bloke sent me this from another forum not sure which one but looks like they like the 14/9 coil very interesting cheers Muk.
1557292927_30609430-1ac3-4890-b992-779a800713ba.jpg

1557292927_0470ca49-84df-4344-87e5-81a499724dc1.jpg

Has anyone seen any reviews on the new coils for sdc2300? I haven't seen any rewiews but not good on searching the web. And I dont do facebook.

Hi everybody, i got myself a 11'' gold extreme for the 2300, have been out 9 times and found 4 pieces of lead shot, cant make up my mind on performance
as yet , but thought i may have had better luck by now. 2 lead shots were on the ground and i had to put sensitivity onto 4 to enhance the signal enough
to decide whether to dig or not, this coil doesnt seem to pick up shot like the 8'' coil does, maybe it could be the damp weather playing tricks, on one
outing i followed up with the 5000 with 12x8 evo attached and picked up .05 and .07 piece, so at the moment i am undecided on overall performance.

Thanks 51 digger results speak for them selves helps make my mind up . if your not picking up the shot your missing the small gold.

I had a dream about my sdc2300 being turned into a more awesome machine than it already is by fitting a 11'' gold extreme coil from coiltek, but that dream
went poof the first day out, could not pick up lead shot on the surface and had serious ground balance problems, the local dealer was happy to send it back for a
completley perfect replacement, so am now waiting to see what turns up in the mail. Just wished i had the patience to wait for something from nugget finder as
that would have been spot on as with every other coil they make. Will post results of replacement coil when i get them.

Nightjar said:
Some great ideas that prospectors are renowned for, however................
Nothing will change my view until extensive up front parallel testing has been done with original SDC and modified version.
AND! Why should the public, after investing their own money in a publicly untried product be out there doing the road tests for the developer of this extra?
Maybe the end result will be a "win win" for all concerned, hopefully so?

Before I'm jumped on with, "If you don't like it don't buy it" etc.

Once bitten twice shy, the below photo is of a coil I bought back in the SD2100 days, now hanging on my fence with other memorabilia.
This coil was a mongrel, every twig or rock I touched it rang off.
Had more money than sense back then, should have sent it back.
Ended up pulling the cover off revealing the internals were flapping around in a void. Contemplated filling the voids with silastic but turned to Monos and it lay in my shed for years until deciding to cover ugly fence with memorabilia which is now over grown with Jasmine.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1414/1554601547_dd_coiltek_001.jpg

For this reason I will never buy a coiltek coil again,the couple of coils I have had have been like this.

mbasko said:
More to do with the MPF (fast pulse) than the battery power.

Yeh ! `i` had a similar thought the other day introducing large coils to SDC2300.
`thought was / is ; the signal from the unit is fast pulse for the 8``. we know.
Then using a larger coil for depth.
The next pulse out / down signal would possibly interfere with the return /up signal when returning on a target.
That is if the signal was capable of scanning such depths.

If you could slow down the pulse signal out / down then maybe the unit could read the target.
`i` do wonder how deep these unit signals will go.
Out of my league here.

Yep ` a Bigger Bump with a longer and wider stroke.
`that`s probably what a GPZ 5000 is about.
Sorry GPZ 7000 or was that the price ? $$$.
``my X ``might like one of those.
.RX. T-Rex.
Sorry Wrong Signals.

Im not sure what you are saying those that think a sdc doesnt go deep I dont know why Ive dug some deep holes with sdc but only managed junk targets aluminium cans bits of tin chunks of steel if these were big nuggets it would of picked them up the problem with the sdc is it finds very tiny things and is good at it also gold fields are full of tiny things shot pellets are a nightmare I see it as if the larger coils miss shot pellets then that will give you a break from digging them if you find a bit with the bigger coil do the area then put 8inch coil on and do it again or vice versa just like swapping coils on 5000/4500 or other detectors just gives you some more options to try as everyone knows theres not just one coil for everything on all different detectors cheers Muk.

I have to agree about the depth the sdc can find stuff. I once found a steel pipe at 750 mm. I was walking back to my car and heard a faint sound that pulled me up. So I mean if there was a large nug down deep I recon the sdc would pick it up. But they are good at finding very small bits of wire too which gets frustrating.

Clean -up Australia.
Yes i agree picked up a lot of Junk kilo`s of the crap . Even tiny boot tacks way down. Copper and iron.
Musket balls also , had no idea what they were. Originally thought fishing sinkers way out at Sofala.
Thought there`s something going on here.
Don`t know why there is so much junk stuff laying around when that place would have been hammered by sdc`.
Don`t know either why boot tacks could be so far down.
Maybe there is another sdc version out that has discrimination.
Now wouldn`t that be good.
Anyone hear about the New Chinese Coils coming out ?
$1.99 on E-bay. :bomb:

so has anyone tried the smaller 10x5? interested to hear if its anymore and than the standard 8inch

Hi everybody, could'nt keep on going with this 11" coil so took it back to point of sale and they gladly sent it away for a replacement.
Received a new coil 4 days later and this is what the firsrt one should have been like. Have been out 4 times and found plenty of lead shot
and 3 small nuggets, coil is running smooth and stable and consistent, am a happy camper now.

Any updates from the SDC users in regards to the new Coiltek coils? Anyone using the 10 X 5?
Cheers Brad.

Latest posts