Erlistoun Station - Laverton W.A.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muster starting this Sunday 30/6/19 involving ground crews and helicopters.
Please heed all instructions (if any) from muster or station staff.

Remember these are nasty wild cattle that will crack your skull, bust a rib, push your diaphram up, flatten a lung and leave you with pins and needle down your left side 8 months later. :8 They will however leave your extremely good looks intact. :Y:

Rockhunter62 said:
shakergt said:
Stay safe steve we don't want a repeat of last muster

Yes, last muster one of the musterers was flown out with a hole through the thigh from a horn.

Cheers

Doug

That's the risk that comes with the life /job can happen in the blink of an eye. A neighbour of ours had half her face opened up while some cranky cattle were in the race, ok one minute the next hour was chaos. All good now the plastic surgeons certainly earned their keep the day they sorted her face out :Y: wouldn't know otherwise without being told.

Madtuna I never knew only good looking roosters mustered wild cattle you must have been born to do it :Y: have fun stay safe :beer:

A big favour to ask, not just for Erlistoun but for all stations.

If while out prospecting you come across cactus, would it be at all possible to GPS the area and let the pastoralists know. I guarantee it will earn you brownie points and will do a lot for pastoralist / prospector relations.

Cactus is spreading at an alarming rate throughout the gold fields and if we know where it is it will help us to eradicate it.

Cheers!

Stupid question probably but just kicking them out on our travels creates more plants ?

Gem in I said:
Stupid question probably but just kicking them out on our travels creates more plants ?
Not stupid at all. Every piece you bust off can become an entire new cactus and that's how it spreads.
We use a bug called a Cochineal that lives and breeds on the cactus and spreads to other cactus and eventually kills it.

One of the problems with cactus is that they contain water...

Put a bit on the ground and it will shoot new root's...

Bird's will pick bit's up and fly away with it...

Then realizes it don't taste that nice and drops it...

One new plant...

There are a lot of plants that are spread by bird's and animals..

Goody

First time poster on this forum. I have a question for Madtuna about metorites in Duketon area, I was out that way about 5yrs ago camped at Moolart well on western side behind quartz blow this was before Regis was out that way. Found what I believe is a meteorite out on the flats in Quatzy sandy country. It was just sitting there on the sand and it stood out like dogs balls waved detector over it screamed at me and clamped to the magnet on my pick. I live in Queensland now and will take it in and get it analysed. I only had a geologist have a look at it in WA and he did a specific gravity test and it fell within Meteorite specs. Its about the size of emu egg actually looks a lot like one lol.
Found a couple nice species at that blow while we where there. Real deep in under that red loam. Couple old pushings there fanned out from the old shaft.
Have you found any Meteorites in that country? I did a little research a while back and found some info about A particular Meteorite and its fragments being found from Nullarbor all the way up to Duketon.

Latest posts