Aldi detector finds pre-history relic

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally69

Paul
Reaction score
3rd trip to the park, another 20 mins before dark for eldest son to have a swing.

Nothing in the bark chip (dad cleaned it out last week....shhhhh)

2c at 6", then mower smashed alloy can bits x 2 registering silver, then a good clear target indicating a couple of inches deep, plug out....there it is a gold coin....great $2.......no......shine the torch closer..... a gold ring, good one son let's clean it up and show mum.

Now I was thinking the detector had paid for itself on the 3rd outing as it was a nice chunky sized gold ring, possibly quite old due to its thickness........but.....it comes from middle earth and was meant to make my son disappear when he put it on.

Unfortunately it was a dud, gold plated and far from magical in my mind........luckily my sons think it is wildly magical and can't believe their luck.

Unfortunately the Albright took off most of the plating.........here is how it looks

1389445576_image.jpg

And here is how it looks to my boys

1389445624_image.jpg

Great work and with a $100 detector, these machines won't take very long at all to pay for them selves with Goldie's.

lol, what a shame. I went and watched the Hobbit last night so can relate to their disappointment once they discovered it's a fake 8.(, maybe next time.

1365570889_gollum_and_ring.jpg

Latest posts